 Publishing / 4979 (-100)
  Picture book publishing.

We have been working on a picture book for the museum! Anyone have any good luck in publishing these style of books? I spoke with Xlibris about self publishing, but getting them anywhere but online seems like an impossible goal! Thanks Dan (15 years ago, 13-Jul-09, to lugnet.publish)

  TLC publishing a magazine called "The Brick"

I just saw this myself. I am surprised no has reported on this earlier. (URL) (15 years ago, 23-Apr-09, to lugnet.publish) !

  Re: HispaBrick Magazine 004

Hi Joseph, Many thanks for your words. They help us to continue working and trying to improve our Magazine. We take note about the downloads. Let us see what can we do. Regarding the printed version, you can buy all the issues in printed version at (...) (15 years ago, 15-Apr-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: HispaBrick Magazine 004

(...) i LOVE the magazine. terrific photos, excellent articles. it isn't a 'fluff' rag trying to promote all the latest products. it provides in-depth information for the more-than-casual fan (product reviews, interviews with designers, even info on (...) (15 years ago, 7-Apr-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Printing LPub instructions with Lulu.com

(...) Yes, the binding is stapled. Lulu offers a few differing binding options (stapled, plastic coil, paperback-like "perfect" binding, etc.), but stapled is the only option available for a minimal number of pages (22, in this case). I was worried (...) (15 years ago, 13-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Printing LPub instructions with Lulu.com

(...) Very cool--I love it! To be honest, it would never have occurred to me to use Lulu; I got as far as "I should try Kinkos," and that's where I sort of stalled. I have to say that the end results look amazingly professional and high-quality. (...) (15 years ago, 13-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Printing LPub instructions with Lulu.com

Hi! I recently used (URL) Lulu.com> to publish (URL) LPub> instructions for a (URL) model> I created a few months ago. I have determined that I need to use higher resolution rendering settings and possibly avoid gradient backgrounds for optimal (...) (15 years ago, 13-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Hispabrick 003 in english!

Thanks for the answers. Saso (15 years ago, 2-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Hispabrick 003 in english!

(...) Hello Saso, thanks for your interest!! Unfortunately, 003 is the first issue completely translated into english. 002 has several bilingual articles too. Come back regularly to Hispabrick webpage so you can see updates. Nevertheless, I'll pass (...) (15 years ago, 1-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Hispabrick 003 in english!

snip Hi, do you have links to issues 1 and 2 in English maybe? I just cannot find them. Thanks, Saso (15 years ago, 31-Jan-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: A whole new MOCpages - Coming in 2009

This looks fantastic! As someone who has likes the concept but never quite made the jump from Flickr this looks like it might be the nudge over the edge. (15 years ago, 5-Dec-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: A whole new MOCpages - Coming in 2009

(...) Sean: One word can describe this...awesome! Thank you so much for taking the initiative to bring these features to the community. As a participant in the MOCOlympics, I am super excited to experience all of the new changes. MOCPages is already (...) (15 years ago, 5-Dec-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  BrickWiki - time to move?

For anyone interested in the future of the (URL) BrickWiki> project please visit the new (URL) BrickWiki Blog> and join in the discussion of the need to move to a new server (or not). Thanks. (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.db.brictionary, FTX)

  Re: Anyone know what's happening to www.brickwiki.org?

It has been insanely slow lately. Last time it did this something needed a "kick" on the server. A note to the admins might be in order. (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.publish)

  Anyone know what's happening to www.brickwiki.org?

I've long been a fan of Brickwiki, particularly the well documented pirate glossary which it contains (not so much the 'Drome Racing' stuff, but I guess that addresses a need too), but it seems like the site might be on the way out. I've been trying (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general)

  LEGO® Collectors Guide Premium Edition Registry

In August 2008 LEGO® released 3,333 copies of the Collectors Guide as a hard cover, special numbered limited edition, with limited gimmicks. In an effort to track the release numbers this registry has been created. If you own one of the limited (...) (16 years ago, 14-Aug-08, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce)

  MOCshow - participate and win

MOCshow ( (URL) ) is a free gallery for LEGO related images. Paid memberships are available and gives you more space. Lot of features, like comments, keywords, rating, multiple galleries and more... You can win a Gold Membership (value of $50) by (...) (16 years ago, 2-Aug-08, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Win a copy of LEGO Collector's Guide

(...) Hi, in case your LUG/community is not on the list, please choose "LUGNET" to complete the form. Leg Godt! Rene (16 years ago, 16-Jul-08, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Win a copy of LEGO Collector's Guide

(...) That's great! Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing. (...) Seems like a good call. Thanks for considering the FUT when posting - it would have been good to crosspost the announcement there too, however. Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 16-Jul-08, to lugnet.publish)

  iGoogle Artist Themes - JC/DC

For those of you who use iGoogle as a home page: "Introducing artist themes for iGoogle Now you can put the work of world-class artists and innovators on your personalized Google homepage.” (URL) What caught my eye was the LEGO mosaic art of French (...) (16 years ago, 19-May-08, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet 10th (was: Happy 5th Birthday, MOCpages!

(...) Further muddying the waters, the Internet Archive's (URL) oldest record> of Lugnet is from June 11, 1998 - but that entry is just an empty directory. The (URL) entry> from December 12, 1998 is interesting - it lists several dates of first (...) (16 years ago, 6-Apr-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Lugnet 10th (was: Happy 5th Birthday, MOCpages!

(...) Depends on what date you want to use. The (URL) Master Plan> was published November 26, 1997. Current (URL) post #1> in lugnet.general is from September 28, 1998. I don't remember if the "Welcome to" and "Terms of Use" posts date all the way (...) (16 years ago, 6-Apr-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Happy 5th Birthday, MOCpages!

(...) Congrats, Sean! I know the feeling too, next year LDraw.org will celebrate 10 (and I think LUGNET celebrates 10 this year, anyone know when?). -Tim (16 years ago, 5-Apr-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Happy 5th Birthday, MOCpages!

(...) Happy belated birthday! It has been a long time, but the community has grown and with it, so has MOCPages. It will be exciting to see what the future holds! Joe Meno Editor, BrickJournal (16 years ago, 2-Apr-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Happy 5th Birthday, MOCpages!

Hey Sean, Congratulations on your five years! It was really cool to look at your first week screen-capture and notice that the "MOC of the day" was mine. :) I'm proud to be a little tiny piece of this history. Bruce (16 years ago, 2-Apr-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Happy 5th Birthday, MOCpages!

(...) Nice work Sean!!! Congrats on five great years and here's to many, many more. Over the past year or two I have found MOCPages to be a very valuable resource and a great place to share MOC's with other LEGO fans. It is a well designed site that (...) (16 years ago, 2-Apr-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: The Blue, now the New Green!

(...) Wow! The new green works really well, allowing the creations to stand out against the background, despite its obvious brightness and interest. It's remarkable how the overall effect of same creations, in the same pose, can appear to change (...) (16 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: The Blue, now the New Green!

In lugnet.publish, Eric Sophie wrote: The Blue (URL) for Mecha-Tech 2048x1360>> (URL) Blue ESLC 2008©> Now the New Green! (URL) for Mecha-Tech 2048x1360>> (URL) Green ESLC 2008©> Enjoy! (URL) Eric Sophie> (16 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOC Logo

(...) Hi Florian, A logo is meant to serve as an identity mark. That's his role. Logically, that's a very personal sign. I can't really see a logo being "generic". Of course a logo can be used to identify a community, group or company. The Lugnet (...) (16 years ago, 3-Feb-08, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: The Blue, the Red or the Green?

(...) They all look nice, but I think the blue is the coolest - it gives the best contrast to all three mechs. The red tends to subdue the red mech, and the grey fades a bit against the green. Nice work all round, though. Thanks for sharing! Cheers (...) (16 years ago, 3-Feb-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  The Blue, the Red or the Green?

The Blue (URL) for Mecha-Tech 2048x1360>> (URL) Blue ESLC 2008©> The Red (URL) for Mecha-Tech 2048x1360>> (URL) Red ESLC 2008©> The Green (URL) for Mecha-Tech 2048x1360>> (URL) Green ESLC 2008©> (URL) ESLC 2008© Original> (URL) 800x531 ESLC 2008© (...) (16 years ago, 2-Feb-08, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  MOC Logo

Hello everybody, I'd like to find out whether anybody has ever created a general "Logo for LEGO MOCs"? I am thinking of a symbol which looks like the official LEGO logo, but instead of the letters "LEGO" features the letters "MOC" or "LMOC" or (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jan-08, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Book Shows How to Build Lego Guns, Catapults

(...) I think this is my favorite line from the article: quote The Daily Telegraph dubbed the tome "the Anarchist Cookbook of the nursery" /quote thats just funny. steve (16 years ago, 17-Dec-07, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Book Shows How to Build Lego Guns, Catapults

(...) Looks like the article got one of the creations mislabeled. The second picture in the article is the "Coated Candy Catapult". the Ping-Pong Ball launcher is a different creation. The thing is--some of the key parts to make the plate shooter (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-07, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Book Shows How to Build Lego Guns, Catapults

(...) I think I improperly catagorized this... Moved to .mediawatch -Eric (16 years ago, 15-Dec-07, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

I'll say: I'm impressed. Really. A lot! Fantastic issue - my congratulations. Though I fear my kids and my lack of spare time will cut short any effort to achieve similar building success, I like a lot of the ideas I am getting from this issue. (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: New Book Shows How to Build Lego Guns, Catapults

(...) This reads like fun - I just ordered a copy because the movie linked to from the article shows me it's exactly the kind of gear that I've been after for office use (*imagine rather evil grin here*) I'll have to keep it away from the kids, (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-07, to lugnet.publish)

  New Book Shows How to Build Lego Guns, Catapults

This article is kind of funny. The very conservative Fox News is taking a shot at "the constantly hysterical press" in Britain. (URL) Kingsley (16 years ago, 14-Dec-07, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

I know this is late, however, I just wanted to let you know that I downloaded the issue and I think its really wonderful. I am looking forward to seeing more fantastic interviews with some of the communities great train folks. Good luck and thanks (...) (17 years ago, 15-Nov-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  For a friend...

I made this for a friend... (URL) Red Sphere by Bubbaben>> Eric Sophie (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

(...) Lulu. com is pretty nice. The paper stock is a thicker matte stock than magazine stock, and the cover is a cover (thicker) stock. The print quality is very nice, much better than inkjet. Joe (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

(...) I received my copy from lulu.com last week. The printing is definitely on par with magazine quality. And well worth the price to hold a copy on your hands. Jeramy and the rest of the staff did an awsome job putting RailBricks together. Cale (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

(...) I thought quality was very good for the BrickJournal issues I got printed. Tommy Armstrong (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

(...) Has anybody tried this yet? What's the quality like? What kind of paper? Is it like a magazine, or more like what I'd get printing it at home on an inkjet? (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

(...) (other links ommited...) (...) WOW! My deepest thanks to the contributors and authors for sharing your ideas and instructions! And to Jeremy and the Think Tank for the idea of the PDF distribution, their perserverance, and sheer publishing (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

(...) Hi Ronald! Thanks for the compliments. It may seem a bit ironic that the release of the first issue coincided with the 9V announcement, but it was by accident, really. I had planned to launch the magazine two weeks ago, but was then asked to (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

(...) Wow - I love the idea of using caterpillar/tank type track pieces for the sides of modern American car carriers as seen on page 31!! :-O If I still had a train layout, I would borrow that design and go on a spending spree on Blink to build at (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

(...) Thanks for putting this together. I sat down last night and read it cover to cover. I really enjoyed the articles that discussed building techniques and ideas, and it was fun to see a layout article done Model Railroader style. Looking forward (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

(...) All I can really say is...WOW! A whole E-Zine dedicated to LEGO Trains! I've been waiting for something like this for a few years now and it's finally a reality. The first issue looks amazing. I have to admit I haven't had a chance to properly (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

(...) 9V is not dead, believe me. In my club, some guys exhibits large 12V layouts!! TLC discontinue 9V, but the community for sure will support it for long. (...) Thank you very much for your interest. (...) I hope so. I can't say for sure it will (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

(...) <snip> How ironic to launch on the day when 9V is declared dead... Still I'm happy to see the release of the first issue. I've been looking forward to it ever since I spotted the first picture on Brickshelf back in April. Does this mean the (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Issue 1

First issue looks great guys. Congratulations on getting it all together. :) Steve (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  RailBricks Issue 1

On behalf of Jeramy Spurgeon, Greetings all! I'm proud to announce the release of the premiere issue of RailBricks! (URL) RailBricks is a dedicated LEGO® Train Hobby Magazine similar to Model Railroader. Each issue will strive to advance the LEGO® (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Feedback requested on new home page for Lions Gate Models

Hi all, I'm looking for feedback on the 2nd draft of the new home page for Lions Gate Models: (URL) links are currently placeholders so don't be surprised when they don't work! Any and all comments, bad or good, gratefully received. Kevin ---...--- (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.publish)

  Re: 2004 AFOLs Comic?

(...) Hi Kelly, are these available in higher resolution somewhere? (So one could take them to a print shop). Thanks, Rene (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Updates at Brickley Roscowicz Engineering

As I transition from the old static pages to a more easily updates CMS, many old URLs will also change. Some of the more important ones that have already changed: txt2dat: (2 URLs) of the pages previously under my About page will remain until (...) (17 years ago, 8-Aug-07, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf Upload Utility

I have released a rudimentary Mac OS X version of Brickshelver: (URL) It is only partially complete, but I don't expect to invest much more time in it anytime soon unless I receive substantial feedback expressing interest in that effort. I do, (...) (17 years ago, 7-Aug-07, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: 2004 AFOLs Comic?

(...) Russell kindly emailed me a copy but it's useful to know that they do still exist on LEGOFan. Thanks! Martin (17 years ago, 7-Aug-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: 2004 AFOLs Comic?

(...) LEGOFan.org has crashed a couple of times, and we lost quite a bit of content (as in, most of it), but the comics survived. They are available in several languages through the following links: Danish: (URL) (1.9MB) Dutch: (URL) (1.8MB) (...) (17 years ago, 6-Aug-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: 2004 AFOLs Comic?

(...) I have a pdf file of the final version. Let me know if you want me to email it to you. It is almost 4MB. Russell BayLUG (17 years ago, 6-Aug-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  2004 AFOLs Comic?

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Greg Hyland's comic "AFOLs #1" from 2004? All the sites that were hosting it are now closed :-( Thanks in advance, Martin (17 years ago, 6-Aug-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages? Brickshelf? What should I do?

(...) Yes. There are about 130,000 images that were linked to Brickshelf from all the pages on MOCpages. I've now copied all 130,000 of them over to MOCpages and they'll be linked to your pages very soon. This applies to all the images that were (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Brickshelf Upload Utility

I've been working on a Brickshelf upload utility similar to (URL) Flickr Uploadr>. It helps streamline the process of zipping a bunch of files and navigating to or creating the appropriate folder to upload them. These screenshots are of a scruffy (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages? Brickshelf? What should I do?

You have said that old postings on MOCpages that use Brickshelf for image hosting will automatically have the images copied to MOCpages and the pages updated to use your hosting. Two questions about this: 1. Is this still true, now that Kevin has (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages? Brickshelf? What should I do?

(...) That's exactly what I wanted to read. Take care of you and beware of the bus. Didier (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages? Brickshelf? What should I do?

(...) Is this true? Didn't Tim Courtney establish the LDRAW committee in 1999, well after (and due to) James Jessiman's passing in 1997? Furthermore, James was developing an open standard, he wasn't providing a service or a selling a product. These (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages? Brickshelf? What should I do?

(...) Hi Sean, and thank you for MOCPages. (...) Basically, I trust people. I trust people from the start. But who runs MOCPages? You and you alone? Not a team? Without the ldraw.org team, Ldraw would have died with Jesse. And that's basically the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  MOCpages? Brickshelf? What should I do?

Hi, everybody. With all that's been going on, a lot of people have been asking me things like: "what should I do?" "Should I stay on Brickshelf or move to MOCpages?" "How do I know if any of these services are safe?" Let me start by saying that (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce.mocpages, FTX) !!

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) You can now delete reviews that were written about your LEGO creations. It's a first step. Eventually, when you add your LEGO creations to MOCpages, you'll be able to say "Let (1)Anyone, (2) Only MOCpages members, or (3) No one, review this (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce.mocpages, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) Janey, thank you. 5 additional people saw your post and took it upon themselves to send donations as well. I really appreciate it, everyone... every little bit helps. Sean - - MOCpages admin www.mocpages.com (17 years ago, 19-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) I bet he gets the cheque before I get my toothpicks. ;-) Jude (17 years ago, 19-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) Thanks Sean, and as they say "cheques in the mail"... smile. Looking forward to the updates, and some free time to upload a few of my MOCS. Janey "Red Brick" (17 years ago, 19-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) i don't see why not. :) It's funny, because all those features (reviews, ratings) are what drew a lot of people to MOCpages in the first place. Ah, to each their own I suppose. I'm working on all this stuff right now, so it might be a week or (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) YouTUBE account often gets comments I wouldnt want my mother to read) but I am also not keen on the "Rating", any chance of turning that off as well? Thanks for stepping up to the plate on this one. As I donated to Brickshelf, because I used (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

Sean, Firstly, thank you very much for adding image hosting to MOCPages and for automatically pulling over our photos from Brickshelf! For some time now, I’ve had to look through both Brickshelf and MOCPages and update both. I can’t thank Kevin (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) Well, MOCpages will allow you to UPLOAD bmp files, but it will convert them to JPGs for web viewing. No sense making the site's traffic go up (and your wait time go down)! Sean - - MOCpages admin www.mocpages.com (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) Please don't allow BMP. It annoys me greatly when I ocassionally see those space and bandwidth waster on Brickshelf. (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) MOCpages' new server was installed at our data center yesterday (Tue) afternoon. Later today (Wed) the database will be migrated to the new server... Hopefully there won't be any downtime, but there might be some slowness while everything is (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) First of all, thank you for providing mocpages. When I posted my Fisher Building MOC on your site, a person from MichLUG left a review and that is how I found out about that club of which I am now a member. I would support your idea of a two (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) Sean, Thank you very much. Brian Darrow (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

Sean - It looks great. Thanks for that new feature. (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) On top of this, click padding/click fraud throws the whole system off. The core concept is based on a system that tracks, reports, and allows advertisers to respond based on real interest. For instance, if I'm selling widgets and am using (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

This is something I was hoping would happen as a result of the discontinuation of Brickshelf. I for one would gladly pay to use MOC pages -- although my concern is that that would make it difficult for kids to use the site. As for the MOC comments, (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) That is such great news. While I don't mind creating new pages using a different image host, the thought of changing my existing page was a bit forbidding. When I read the same info on the site I just thought, behind that simple message (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) Yes, you'll be able to delete comments that are on there now. ...a LOT of people have been asking for this, so it's a long time coming. :) (...) I love your ideas! :) There's a lot of social networking that can be added to MOCpages... the (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) It depends on the ad. Some ads pay out on a cost-per-view, and others pay out on a cost-per-click. It is up to the advertiser to decide how they want their ad to work in this regard. This is actually a good thing, because some advertisers just (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) It's not like you watching a commercial though - it's like you turning on the TV when you're not home, so that the rating of a show goes up (and therefor it's revenue from commercials). If you follow a link of interest, and end up not buying, (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) Hmm, guess I won't do that then. It does see odd to me. The idea of advertising is the more eyeballs the better. My TV doesn't penalize me for watching the commercials even if I don't buy anything. To the contrary, they are hoping that since I (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) IIRC, Google ads actually penalizes sites that end up with many clicks on ads that do not actually end up in sales? It certainly penalizes the advertisers that have such ads. Dan (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) I don't think you want to do that. It might get Sean in trouble for (URL) click fraud>. Just click on the ads that you are actually interested in. Marc Nelson Jr. (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) what excellent news! I've been a very happy user of the mocpages site for a few years now, after a fellow local lego nut convinced me to jump into it, and like the voting/comments aspect of it, but the new features you've mentioned sound (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

Hey Sean, I've got a question about ads. Do you gain revenue every time I log onto the site and see the ad, or do I actually have to click on it? If the latter, I think we in the community could make the very minor commitment to click on ads when we (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) Thanks for hooking this up, Sean. Looking forward to a new and improved MOCpages. Very much appreciated! Best, Jonathan (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) I don't like the ads anymore than you do, it kills me to see them there. But MOCpages had to shift to an advertising model (from a donation model) to stay alive. It's a sad truth. Over 1,000,000 people visit MOCpages every month... most of (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) While MOCpages will always be MOC-centric, I won't restrict the service to just MOCs. It would be great if you could casually peruse photos from big events like Brickworld or of people's LEGO storage systems, because these things all tie back (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) Sean, You're a hero. I've had most of my stuff on MOCpages for a few years now, and while comments people write about my MOCs sometimes annoy me, overall I've been really happy with it. Being able to add a little information to the pictures (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) Hey, Sean- This sounds great, and that was one of my issues, but here is another-- the advent of ads. I realize, of course, the reason for them, but if one were a contributing member, would it be possible for the ads not to appear on one's (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  MOCshow - free image and files gallery

Dear fellow LEGO fans of all ages The recent events with Brickshelf makes me believe we need more options to show our creations, events, and share LEGO related files. Please welcome 'MOCshow' - (URL) free gallery - personal albums (for showing off (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish) !!

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) and not a contributor! God Bless, Nathan (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

Sean, I was just thinking about how cool it would be if MOCpages automatically pull the images over from BrickShelf. Thanks for doing this! I also have a few questions: Will the service be limited to MOC-related pictures? Will we have to use some (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact