 Publishing / 4889
Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 14:22:51 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Nathan Todd wrote:
   In lugnet.publish, Sean Kenney wrote:
   In lugnet.publish, Jason J Railton wrote:

   I know a lot of people want them, but I’d like the ability to turn off comments on the models I myself submit.

Better review maintenence is coming. :) You’ll have the ability to turn them off, or configure them to stay hidden until after you approve them. You’ll also have the ability to delete them after they’ve been published.

Sean
- - -
MOCpages admin
http://www.mocpages.com

Thanks! I know this is the main thing that kept me as just a reader of MOCpages and not a contributor!

God Bless,

Nathan

what excellent news! I’ve been a very happy user of the mocpages site for a few years now, after a fellow local lego nut convinced me to jump into it, and like the voting/comments aspect of it, but the new features you’ve mentioned sound great! would the comments that have already been made be rolled into the new framework, or just the comments made after the new functions in place?

some ideas that come to mind off the top of my head, having individual galleries like how the site runs now and also group affiliations. it would be neat to have the various regional lugs be able to have outposts on the site where meetings, conventions, displays could be tagged from galleries within the individual lug members.

for premium membership mabye special sales in the shop, some sort of e-swag ( a @mocpages.com email address? ) having a random premium account member picture highlighted on the front page, along the same lines as the group pages having those be free/fee pages as well and I’m sure you would have lots of lugs happy to rally some membership fees towards this!

brickshelf is one of the cornerstone pillars of the community and I support your efforts in helping to prop the sagging castle back up.

Joseph