 Publishing / 4894
Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:13:50 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:

   I’ve got a question about ads. Do you gain revenue every time I log onto the site and see the ad, or do I actually have to click on it? If the latter, I think we in the community could make the very minor commitment to click on ads when we see them, if it will help keep great resources afloat.

It depends on the ad. Some ads pay out on a cost-per-view, and others pay out on a cost-per-click. It is up to the advertiser to decide how they want their ad to work in this regard. This is actually a good thing, because some advertisers just want their brand to be seen (like on a TV commercial) but other advertisers want you to visit them (more like a newspaper ad with a sale coupon).

And as Dan pointed out, never, never, click on ads just to generate revenue for a site owner. It’s called “Click Fraud” and it’s not allowed. It’s highly investigated, too.

I’d love to share more about the ads & revenue because I’m normally a very down-to-earth person, but the ad network’s terms of service forbid me from talking about how much money I make and other details on clickthrough rates & things.

Sean
- - -
MOCpages admin
www.mocpages.com