 Publishing / 4877
Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:13:01 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Sean Kenney wrote:
   Hi, everyone...

With the looming shut-down of Brickshelf, I would like to offer MOCpages as a safe alternative for everyone to continue posting their LEGO creations. In light of this, MOCpages now offers free image hosting.

Sean
- - -
MOCpages admin
LEGO Certified Professional
guy on LUGNET since 1997
Friend
And lots more I’m sure...

Sean - thanks for coming forward with this. I hope you won’t be reticent in asking for subscription revenue if you need it to keep going.

May I make a request about something that has put me off MOCpages so far? It may be already there, but it’s the way some visitors use their comments that put me right off.

I know a lot of people want them, but I’d like the ability to turn off comments on the models I myself submit. Maybe have the option of comments/votes only/no feedback, both per-model and a default setting for all new models.

I like to display my models, and am interested in the feedback from my peers on a forum like Lugnet, but I’m not remotely interested in the opinion of people who just stumble across the site and write anonymously at the bottom. I’ve seen far too many people upset by ignorant or offensive comments, accusations of plagiarism and the like to submit myself to that.

I’ve heard it said that an infinite number of monkeys sat at typewriters can produce the works of Shakespeare. I’ve also heard it said that the internet can be taken as proof that that just isn’t true...

Thanks,

Jason R