 Publishing / 4905
Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:23:46 GMT

Sean,

Firstly, thank you very much for adding image hosting to MOCPages and for automatically pulling over our photos from Brickshelf!

For some time now, I’ve had to look through both Brickshelf and MOCPages and update both. I can’t thank Kevin enough for hosting Brickshelf all of these years, but I will be glad to see both services under one roof.

As I’ve offered Kevin, I’d certainly be willing to pay for continued service (like LUGNET and flikr). I’m sure that most of the AFOLs would; especially if there was more of a community-type aspect that was suggested in another response.

I’d like to see a main screen similar to Bricklink (good use of space and icon driven) that would take you to where you want to go. I’m into trains, and don’t want to see Bionicles and Guns. It would be nice, to immediately click on a train icon, or to have the site remember my preference.

I have built several websites, and would be happy to help.

I would also like to address another concern. Many of us create amazing creations. In fact, if you search for trains, cars, bionicles, or whatever, you are going to find a very large number of excellent models. My concern is, how soon will it be before TLG is no longer able to come up with something that someone else already has? Would it be a good idea to have some kind of checkbox when images are uploaded that states that it is OK for TLG to use my design in part or in full?

Again, thank you so much for doing this!

Scott

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/6556