 Dear LEGO / 4761
Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 14:34:03 GMT

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
news:HxKEsp.tHy@lugnet.com...

I've actually been paying attention to Playmobil recently. Does anyone • know how
they're doing financially? Both Lego and Playmobil cater to a similar • audience
(although Lego tries to reach a broader age-range), so I'd expect that if • there
really is a problem in the toy industry in general, Playmobil would be • reacting
similarly to Lego. • <Snip some exellent points>
DaveE
I agree with you totally on this . I think one of the reasons the late 70's
early 80's sets were so popular compared to later ones is because they had
struck a happy medium. The sets were themed, but much less rigidly than
today. As for playmobil, I posted this link to .mediawatch a while ago, it
makes some good points LEGO should listen too http://tinyurl.com/2ksug

--
James Stacey
------