 Dear LEGO / 4737
Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 09:00:20 GMT

I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado
"Jeff Findley" <jeff.findley@rmspam.eds.rmspam.com> wrote in message
<snip>
Power Rangers, and the like.  Enormous success stories with incredible • revenue
from toys over the years.  The stinking Pokemon toy market won't die!  My • kids
bought the new Pokemon Colluseum game for Game Cube the first day they • could
(paid full price).  This is the market Lego thinks they want to be in. • They
want to find a fad that takes off.

Good points but you have to appreciate Pokemon games do well because the
games are (usually) very good. The marketeering cash in stinks but if the
basis is there (a strong foundation of solid games) it will perpetuate. LEGO
games have always been very poor and in support of product as opposed to
being good with cruddy supporting product :)

--
James Stacey
------