 Dear LEGO / 4734
Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 07:08:31 GMT

Castle and space were the same too! You had armories and catapults. Research
vehicles, launch pads, and bases. These all encouraged buying more sets to build
up your collection, and since the parts were all similar, you could build your
own great looking creations in the same themes (or others) easily.
I still remember getting the 6973 Deep Freeze Defender from Santa when I
was a kid.
That copy is long gone but I have since acquired enough (using parts from
the secondary market plus some from the regular retail sets I have bought
and also instructions from BL) to be able to rebuild it and it is great.
Even though I already "own" it (in the sense that I have enough parts to
build one plus a set of instructions), if TLC re-issued it, I would buy it
in a heartbeat. Same with anything else Ice Planet (especially since they
have almost no grey in them).

In fact, I would have to think long and hard before I said "no" to ANY
"Golden Age" Space set.

Some (like M:Tron and Blacktron II) I would be less likely to buy than
others due to the color selection (it would also depend on how many changes
were made e.g. change to new greys, change to new helments for classic
space etc)
But any Space set that TLC were to release I would definatly consider very
hard before saying no to.