 Dear LEGO / 4727
Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 03:05:05 GMT

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.pobursky.com> wrote in message
news:HxIx9M.q1v@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.dear-lego, Rocco J. Carello wrote:

Scorpion palace comes with a big onion dome top. Another large one-use • part.
Then they even ruin it by making it so you can't build a complete dome • with
two of them. Did they even think of this for more than a couple minutes?

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

There is no such thing as a limited use part, set, or whatever.  If • anything is
limited it is the imagination and innovation of the builder.

Orion:

While true, your statement may be a bit simplistic.  I believe the original
poster was not trying to say that there are NO creative uses for such
elements, but rather that, with some more forsight and thinking on the part
of the piece designers, the elements in question could have been so much
MORE useful in so MANY MORE ways.  And I agree.  I am sure that there are
many creative uses for those half+ onion domes pieces but why were they
designed so that two halves make MORE than a whole dome?  That appears to
have been just plain short-sightedness on the part of the piece designer.

Tim