Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:15:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Orion Pobursky wrote:
I've said this before and I'll say it again: I would rather have a
smaller number of high quality parts than a large number of low
quality ones.  I do photoreal renders

Quality is important, but the first priority of Ldraw should always
be to make it easy to create and share the models.  Photo-realism is
nice, to be sure, but certainly a somewhat lower priority.  I'm not
aware of any photo-realistic realtime ldraw editor.  Is there one
available that I don't know about?  That'd be ultra spiffy!

let's get back to my original commentary. "All new
color codes except 313 Maersk Blue generate errors in L3Lab and L3P
because the numbers just had to be picked from the forbidden zone...

The obvious solution to this problem is to convince Lars to put out
some new versions of L3P and L3Lab with no "forbidden zone".  Then
everyone can be happy.  The most recent releases are only about a
year to a year and a half old, so it's not an impossible dream.  I
say, let the nagging/begging begin. ;^)

Enjoy,

Don