Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:01:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Joshua Delahunty wrote:
Most concerns
were [raised] about the transparent color values. Be sure we used the Shadow colors
provided by the LEGO Group. Shadow colors are not the RGB values used for the
molds but are representations of those colors used in the company's system.
Question is:

Shall we restore the historical LDraw colors for the range from 0 to 50 since
the new colors look unnatural and washed out?

I'm guessing that LDD looks at the transparency bit, and adjusts the colors
accordingly so it doesn't "double whammy" the lightening of transparent colors.
Either that logic could be moved to the apps in question (yeah, I'm laughing
myself at such a suggestion), or the trans colors might be offset by a given
ratio to adjust them better.

I used this calculator:

http://www.drpeterjones.com/colorcalc/

to get darker shades for the trans edges. Could you try to get a ratio that
works for the trans colors?

w.