Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:43:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tore Eriksson wrote:

But go ahead you guys, keep making the LDraw community more and more a
highbrowed clique, leaving all but a very small exclusive LDraw Super-Elite
behind.

Well, what we are actually trying with the new LDConfig.ldr file is getting more
colors into LDraw, colors people find in today’s set but not LDraw and IMHO it
lowers the bar for users if the colors are consistent throughout the system.

Kickin' in open doors, are you? I have absolutely no reason to disagree.

Since you havn’t complaint that there are colors missing in the current palette
I doubt that you’ll miss them once they are part of the new palette.

You are right about one thing: newer LEGO colours isn't one of my obsessions,
but I may download other peoples' LDraw MOCs...

Sounds you're going to apply as additional PT admin to get those parts out to
the user - I welcome that!

I'd love to, but I don't think it would be a very good idea. My criteria seem
light years away from the other PT Admins'.

Well from the user's POV (since I have no programmer's skills) I prefer a
professional one-stop-shopping-prog with all the features included instead of
L3P + L3PAdd-on + POV + LGEO with loads .ini entries and such.

You know what? I'm mainly a user, too. And it's not as a programmer but as a
user I don't like a 20-fold rendering time, no matter how professional the
renderer may be, or heaps with warnings and colors substituted with lightgray as
the option. Who is this average LDraw user often referred to anyway, who's
experiences have to be taken in so much more consideration than, for example,
mine?

/Tore