Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:16:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Roland Melkert wrote:
About the >=30000 range, most current applications only allow upto 511 or 1023
for 'normal color numbers'. There are also some (unofficial?) reserved hex
spaces for encoded rgb values (#02000000..#03FFFFFF and 04000000..#07FFFFFF).

Taking this into account I would also suggest using a hex range for these lc
core colors, so the color decoder code in any program can identify them a such
e.g (#400..#EFF (1024..3839)).

This can be done with the caveat that we start with something like say 2001 or
3001 in order to preserve the original LEGO numbering starting from 1 to 300.
for 2001 the TLG color number would be "#7D1". Correct?

w.