 CAD / Development / 10818
Re: LPub 4 Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 14:41:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Hmmm, I guess that's slightly different from the GMA X3100, which
seemed to work for me.  If you get a chance, try and run it with
-n4 on the command line.  That should render everything in the back
buffer like 99.99% of the opengl programs out there.

The -n4 didn't have any noticeable effect.

Arrgh, that's not good.  It worked for me whenever I had a problem
like that.  I guess I'll have to use the OSX flush function.  Are
you by chance using partially transparent windows, or something
fancy like that?

What exactly does n4 mean.  I know it means "draw to back buffer",
but what does the n and the 4 mean?

It's hooked to an ldlite variable that tracks what level is
being rendered (P=1, Part=2, Model=4, Other=8).  Don't ask me what
other means.  I think this was documented with the 2.4 release notes
for ldlite, but I lost track of that.  I posted the ldlite 2.3
release notes as the ldlite sourceforge web page at some point, but
that doesn't mention it.  So I suppose it's possible that I made the
whole thing up myself 6 years ago, but my memory from that time is
gone now.

Have fun,

Don