 CAD / Development / 10759
Re: LPub 4 Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:23:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev, Allen Smith wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   In PLI’s, LPub displays the parts color name (from LDConfig), the part number (yes, even on the Mac version Allan!), and the part title. Currently I get these titles from PARTS.LST, but that is not sufficient, and it is a short sighted implementation.

Is PARTS.LST the file that gets generated by some DOS utility in the original LDraw distribution? You can’t rely on that being present. Not being able to rely on a DOS utility, Bricksmith reads the part library and generates its own XML parts list; I assume other programs do something similar.

LPub does not need a total list of parts, so it doesn’t have to scan all the paths. It does need the titles of parts that are used however. Since parts.lst is a precomupted list of some of them, LPub reads it and puts the contents in an associative array.

I believe a MAC version mklist utility used to generate the PARTS.LST file comes bundled with the OS-X version of ldglite. Source code is available, so anyone can build it on whatever platform they like. There may be better ways to build the list, but PARTS.LST should always be available as the least common denominator.

   Don, Did you get a chance to add the unofficial path support to LDGLite?

Not yet, but soon...

Don