 CAD / Development / 10719
Re: LPub 4 Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 23:11:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
One new metacommand

0 !LPUB RESOLUTION <value> (DPI|DPM|DPMM)

defines the resolution.

Shouldn't that be:

0 !LPUB RESOLUTION <value> (DPI|DPCM)

Based on this:

The values in the LDraw file are either in inches, or centimeters, depending on
what resolution says.  Sorry, no meter or millimeter expressions, just inches or
centimeter.  No unit string like "INCHES" "IN" or "CM".  The units are implied
by resolution.

--Travis

When I looked around on the net I saw references to DPM and DPMM.... I didn't
see DPCM.... it does make complete sense to use DPCM, but I wasn't sure people
would think its a standard name.

I'd say that DPM or DPMM make perfect sense.  The thing is, your description
said that units are all in CM or IN, and that M and MM aren't supported.  And
yet, you force the user to specify which units to use in either IN, M, or MM.
That seems very inconsistent.

--Travis