 CAD / Development / 10756
Re: LPub 4 Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:24:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   How about I send you a universal binary of a static libpng? (If I remember correctly, it was a real pain to make.)

   I haven’t fetched the LDRAW parts library yet. So what’s the best way to get the parts for the Mac -- With bricksmith? In ldview? Straight from ldraw.org? -- and where do you folks put the LDRAWDIR on the MAC these days?

I think I got mine via BrickSmith, which is kind of sad, really, but I just checked, and LDView will happily download the official library on the Mac if you just run it and open its sample file.

Thanks guys for all the help. I grabbed BrickSmith and moved the ldraw folder that came with it to /Library. I wanted both anyhow so it seemed to be the way to go. Then I built a new (universal?) ldglite with your static libpng and some patches to render offscreen via the carbon fns. It didn’t work from an ssh login (carbon is forbidden), but when I logged locally I got a png file without opening a graphics window. Cool!

Kevin, if you want to test it I put a beta of just the executable here.

Enjoy,

Don

Hi Don,

It worked!

Now I just have to figure out how to get my main menu and popup menus to work on the Mac from Qt!

Thanks! Kevin