 CAD / Development / 10754
Re: LPub 4 Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:15:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
   I haven’t fetched the LDRAW parts library yet. So what’s the best way to get the parts for the Mac -- With bricksmith? In ldview?

One of those.

   Straight from ldraw.org?

No. They don’t distribute the full library; you would have to merge together all the updates with the original LDraw DOS package. Not fun.

   and where do you folks put the LDRAWDIR on the MAC these days?

Wherever you want it. If Bricksmith is installed, you can find out where the LDraw folder is by issuing the following terminal command:

defaults read com.AllenSmith.Bricksmith “LDraw Path”

On Bricksmith’s first launch, it automatically searches in /Applications, /Library, ~/Library, and directories relative to Bricksmith.app itself (which is where it usually finds it).

Allen