 CAD / Development / 10713
Re: LPub DPI control?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 04:35:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

The only issue left is fonts. I have to figure out how to express fonts in real world units and how to map that to points or whatever. Time to learn more new stuff. If anyone is knows much about this topic let me know.

Scalable fonts would probably be best to use (if they can be found).

I learnt a fair bit fiddling with Freetype in txt2dat, which has to translate point size to ldraw units. Freetype makes it pretty easy, as it gives you a nice API that works for lots of scalable fonts. I chose not to support non-scalable fonts in txt2dat, so not sure how hard they are to use.

ROSCO