 CAD / Development / 10752
Re: LPub 4 Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 02:48:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   I’ve gotten LPub to build successfully, and am working on interfacing to renderers. On vidoze I used ldglite originally on LPub 4, and all was well. Don Heyse had added some features to ldglite to make it easier for LPub to work with, by adding some of the L3P camera lens and positioning options, and getting it to render offscreen. Today, the Mac version of ldglite does not have these features.

Yeah, gotta work on that... But hey, the kids just got a macbook! And, as of yesterday, it has a sneaky ssh login just for me so I can soak up some of the idle cycles from across the living room.

But...my notes on libpng for OS-X are about 5 years old. Is this the current recommended way to get it? If so, what does the code patch do? Is the patch still needed? I ran the script without patching and was able to build an executable with the resulting libpng, but I didn’t actually try the png functions yet, because...

I haven’t fetched the LDRAW parts library yet. So what’s the best way to get the parts for the Mac -- With bricksmith? In ldview? Straight from ldraw.org? -- and where do you folks put the LDRAWDIR on the MAC these days?

Have fun,

Don