 CAD / Development / 10813
Re: LPub 4 Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:49:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Ok, give http://ldglite.sf.net/ldgliteosx1_2_1beta2.zip a try.

That one works for LPub.  The buffer isn't getting flushed to the screen
right. I have to resize or force a redraw in order.  Are you calling
CGLFlushDrawable at the end of your drawing code?

No, I use glfinish().  I've had all sorts of problems over the years
with Apple because I often render in the front buffer to emulate
the various ancient ldlite immediate rendering modes.  Does it update
ok when you spin the model with the mouse?  I think that's pure back
buffer rendering (at least until you're done spinning).  What about using
-n4 on the command line?  That's the ldlite command to render the whole
thing before displaying it.  It looks like I forced that mode when the gl
render string contains "RADEON 7000", so I must have had problems with
that one too.  Really, at this point I should probably give up rendering
in the front buffer except perhaps for editing mode and maybe for the
slow software renderers.

What does ldglite print for GL_VENDOR and GL_RENDERER?

Sorry about the self reply, but now I'm really curious about this.
I found myself an old G4 EMac with a Geforce2 and OSX Tiger for testing
and everything worked ok.  It also worked on an Intel Macbook with
the Intel GMA X3100 graphics.  So I guess that means I've got the
universal binary build process down.

Now I just need to fix the display bugs on some systems.  I'm guessing
they use ATI chips, but it'd be nice to know for sure.  It'd also be nice
to know if the -n4 arg makes it better, because if so I'll make that the default
moving forward.

Don