 CAD / Development / 10738
Re: LPub 4 Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:11:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Hi Kevin,

When you say unofficials and custom folders, what are you thinking?  Since it
uses ldglite, there are some rederer features I do not have control over.

I was refering to the use of unofficial and custom parts and the possibilities
to include them into BI without the need to store them in the <LDRAWDIR>Parts
folder or include them in Parts.lst.

w.

You are more knowledgable on this topic than I am.  As far as the assembly
images go, at least for now I'm at the mercy of LDGlite.  I've made good use of
the superb document and specifications on LDraw.org.  I want to thank all
involved in updating the specifications and website.

I did not find any "official" specification for alternate pathing of parts.  I'm
very interested in implementing the standard, or the defacto standard, if I knew
where to find an explanation.

In PLI's, LPub displays the parts color name (from LDConfig), the part number
(yes, even on the Mac version Allan!), and the part title.  Currently I get
these titles from PARTS.LST, but that is not sufficient, and it is a short
sighted implementation.

I also get part length from the titles, so supporting unofficials is important.

I got a Mac mini yesterday, so I'm at the bottom of the learning curve on
getting LPub going there.  I know it is unix (which I know very well), but I did
not find make or the gcc tools (which I also know very well) using find.

I'm antsy to get going there.  Any ideas on where to get started?

Kevin