 Trains / 29063 (-100)
  Re: A Cool Viaduct

(...) Thanks for the information Jordan (you did see my note apologizing for calling you Jason, right?). Tim Gould also has no problems with that model. I suspect it's an LDD bug where my version of LDD (Mac) is applying the rules differently than (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Station made from Corner Café

(...) Great suggestion. That would be fun! And from the pictures, I guess I already have the white sheet for the snow :). I could use the thin, two-high white pieces I used for bookshelves and cafe refrigerator to make lockers... it also makes me (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Station made from Corner Café

(...) A station at a ski resort! Tim (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Station made from Corner Café

Love it! The look is classic and the details are fun: the clock, the bike rack, the ticket windows. Wow, just great stuff. Makes me actually consider taking apart my Cafe Corner. :) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Station made from Corner Café

(...) Thanks Laurent. After I completed the station, I did have the same thought of getting a second cafe to extend it. I guess that is the way of the AFOL, always wanting to build more... I'm sure you will beat me to that, and I would enjoy seeing (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Oh well! You can always run them as your Express for now, then maybe later build some more appropriate models and keep them for local trains, green was the most common colour for coaches across most of Europe during the heyday of the Orient (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Three little MOCs

--snip-- (...) Thanks. It took me two hours of highly complicated SNOT solutions which looked terrible until I figured out that one... I was very, very, very frustrated. Tim (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Three little MOCs

(...) They're all great, but I love the freight car in particular. I don't think I've seen the undersides of plates used as greebling in quite that way before. It's an effect I must endeavor to plagiarize at the next opportunity. Thanks!! Spotlit. (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested

(...) ... (...) ... (...) Looks like a great model! I just bought one (black, without motors) and will report back when I get it built. In fact this is the first time I've ordered someone's model from LEGO Factory. I am amazed at how smooth the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Station made from Corner Café

(...) Great stuff Ted! I also purchased the café, which in my opnion does indeed contains the right pieces for a classic-looking station. I was actually thinking of buying a 2nd set to make a 'Grand Station', you did beat me on the idea of a station (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Thanks 'other' Tim! Unfortunately I had already purchased the green wagons (5 of them!). So now I'm not too sure whether I should just go on with these... That'll learn me for being too quick in ordering & not researching a bit more in (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Nah, isn't my site. Bought their Sik shunter. It's very famous here in the Netherlands. It have been around since 1930 and is still(!) used (the real deal: (URL) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Some models completed

(...) I must say yours looks a LOT better than mine which was designed and built in a rush a few days before the Petersfield show. I was planning to greeble it a bit for the next show but I don't think its worth it now :) (URL) also love the look of (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) I like the Orient Express coaches there. I like the whole idea of the site although I'm never convinced how big the market is for custom models, but hopefully I'll be proved wrong! Is it your site? I also like the (URL) loco> Tim PS you should (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Train Station made from Corner Café

Hello all. I am another AFOL that has just come out of a long hibernation for trains... after reading all the info last year on needing to Save 9V Trains, I thought I better get on board before it was too late... When I went to S@H to get the new (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) And I thought I new all of James' full rakes... obviously not. Nice work, James. Tim (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

<snipped> Oh, and then there is of course James Mathis' wonderfull Orient Express: (URL) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Hi all, Blokbricks ((URL) and click on Brick Express) will be selling a OE Dining Carriage ((URL) and OE Lounge-Bar Carriage ((URL) Maybe you can use the pictures for inspiration. Or just wait and buy them! Jeroen (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A Cool Viaduct

(...) bit surprised to hear about the part placement issues. I cannot duplicate these problems on my end (I tried downloading the models from the website, then opening them... everything seems to be fine.) If you are encountering problems with the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Oh and adding some thin yellow lines along the coaches would add to the Orient Express look. Tim (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) My advice, if you haven't already bought the sets, would be to see if you can get the (URL) blue version> of the coaches. The Orient Express coaches are all blue for the sleepers and blue below and a light cream above for the day coaches and (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Hi Laurent, Firstly I think that it really depends what style of layout you want to have. If you just want something that looks vaguely like an Orient Express but made from LEGO then you probably should just find pictures from movies and the (...) (17 years ago, 15-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Help with Orient Express...?

Hi all! With the attic being shaped up to become my hobby room, I'm designing plans to link all the existing sets & stuff I have created into my own Lego world. The main challenge will be the trains that will ride through the whole set-up. I've (...) (17 years ago, 15-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Three little MOCs

(3 URLs) (Click pics for BS) (URL) Flickr> Hi all, A few MOCs (although the Forklift is more an EOC given the number of people I borrowed from). The freight car is a Cawoods wagon in British Fuel(s) paint. The forklift is based on work from Alban (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Re: A Cool Viaduct

(...) Eek! I am such a puts. Sorry Jordan. (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) When I designed this tram, I had to make a decision: should I model the window frames or should I use standard windows? Since official LEGO models sometimes use non-transparent bricks as "windows", I thought I could do it as well. (Tiny Turbo (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  A Cool Viaduct

Jason, I like your viaduct[1] that is featured on the Cool Train Creations web site. Oddly, when I download the model and open it, LDD reports that 51 pieces are placed incorrectly and that they will be removed. Does the same thing happen when you (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) If I understand correctly, the Santa Fe Super Chief and BNSF locos have never been removed from the European Shop at Home site. Apparently, as I have been told by a LEGO store employee I talked to recently, LEGO has fixed product life cycles, (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) Sorry for replying to my own post, but I just checked the LEGO site for Europe and discovered that the BNSF is showing available now as well as the Santa Fe Super Chief engine. CDC (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) I also ordered two of the BNSF train sets the day they became available. After I processed the order online I phoned shop@home to inquire if the sets were going to be available and to make sure this was not a fluke. I was told that a shipment (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) What a drag. Might be worth a phone call. I hope it works out for you. Good luck! Jonathan (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) I ordered two of them when they first were available again on the 3rd of April with the promise they would be shipped in 14 days. After reading your post, I went to S@H to see for myself, and then out of curiousity checked on the status of my (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) And, today it is nowhere to be found . . . Nowhere that I can see. Jonathan (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan wrote: ... (...) In working with LDD, I've found a couple of tricks. First, even in the instruction mode you can change your viewpoint to see the bricks that have appeared (a "highlight new bricks" feature in the (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 6 wide Cab Forward 4-8-8-4 Steam Loco

(...) James, Thanks for your comments. I have just rebuilt the cab again. Pics are in my Brickshelf Folder. (URL) Links. (URL) me know what you think. Thanks, Bruce (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested

(...) Chris, Thank you very much for your comments and insight. Agreed, pivoting from the two inner trucks would reduce the overhang. There are two constraints affecting this design decision: I would like to have the three-wheel trucks on the (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Automated shunter/switcher

(...) Very quick work getting a working decoupler in such a tiny space. I thought you may have bitten off more than you could chew but it seems I've happily been proved wrong. Awesome. (...) Well I'm not UK/US but I'm certainly a native speaker... (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested

(...) Hi Jordan Definitely recognisable as the GG1 48 studs is long - the same length as my GE ES44AC which runs OK through curves. The only 'problem' will be clearance for the centre overhang. Mounting the pivots at the end, the centre of the body (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Automated shunter/switcher

(...) I finally managed to create something that seems to be working, while still not standing in way of the original design (except for the lowest part at the rear, but I can live with that. (6 URLs) Magnets are coupled sideways, giving it enough (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train instuctions

(...) Ah, he has posted that they were just for the first model, as Ross has said :( I assume he got an early copy before the instructions were printed. (although perhaps I should stop making assumptions!) Sorry to disapoint everybody. Tim (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train instuctions

(...) Very interesting. I'd like to hear more details. I haven't got my sets yet (but I think they might be downstairs in the building office - I just need to be going by when someone is there), but the order emails list the instructions as separate (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train instuctions

(...) All 30 or just the main model? I thought printed instructions for the main model were included with the set? ROSCO (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  10183 Hobby Train instuctions

A UK AFOL has reported that he has recieved printed instructions for this set after ringing up Lego. Tim (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  BNSF Loco available again?

It appears this item is available again. Previously, this was listed: Sold Out. Now you can place it on back order and have it ship in 14 days. Interesting. Jonathan (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) Same here on Kubuntu Edgy & RHEL4. Up until LDD 1.4 it worked, but some routines were obviously modified afterwards which use routines not (yet?) supported by WINE. (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

(...) James, Thanks for your comments. The white trucks are what motivated me to build this. I used the tile on the bracing structure because it tapered from 6 studs to 4 studs and this looked better. The black plates are decks and so I left them as (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

(...) Pushing the limits of length is quite a feat. The white accent on the trucks serves the overall look very well, and gives detail to what would otherwise unbalance the model. I like the smooth red tile for the bracing structure, but that seems (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Finno/Russian Boxcar

(...) Exceptional. Lots of details. Looks like building it in red would be a bit painful as well. :o( 1x2 plates with sliding mechanism . . . . Great design, though! Jonathan (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

(...) snip (...) Jordan, The trucks are Ross Neal's design. Making the outside pieces white made them look exactly like the pictures of the real one. The cascaded articulation is the same as the real one. My earlier schnabel car was backwards. All (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

(...) Rob, Thank you. Bruce (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

(...) Wow, Bruce... that thing's ... enormous... and very well done. I especially like how you've done the custom white brick-work on the trucks. That's one big railcar... I'd be curious if a single locomotive can pull it, since in terms of axles, (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

"Bruce S. Chamberlain" <sten@woz.org> wrote in message news:JG72pq.MBD@lugnet.com... (...) Absolutely a thing of beauty, and exactly the same length as the one I made a few years ago. Well done! -Rob www.brickmodder.net (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building other people's designs

(...) Its worth it. I beleive the .mpd file on Tim (Gould)'s BL page is the one I made after modding the design so if you use that to build don't be surprised if it has differences from his version! (...) It is dark blue. I used the train bases (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Building other people's designs

(...) Very nice. I actually got the cab finished on one of these a while ago but got distracted by other things calling me to build them. I'll have to revisit it at some point. (...) Again, very nice. Is that dark blue? It appears like it on my (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LDD slug models

Here’s my take on a yard slug. Slugs are just frames with traction motors mounted on the wheels. The traction motors are fed from a slightly modified (added power sockets) diesel/electric locomotive that is coupled to the slug. At low speeds, the (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) Well, it was worth a try. I tried both LDD1.6 and LDD2.0 . Both required a new Linux /lib32 library, libdrm.so.1 . I got that and installed it. LDD1.6 tries to do what looks like some OpenGLL stuff that isn't supported. It *did* manage to (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Some models completed

I designed a nuclear flask wagon and runner in CAD (URL) nearly four years ago>. I've finally built them and another British wagon, a hopper. (URL) In the time between designing the flask wagon and now, the tan 2x3 inverse slopes and the the white (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe SD45 2B

(...) Hmm, link didn't work. here it is again (2 URLs) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Santa Fe SD45 2B

After building a (URL) BN GP38-2B> a while ago I thought I would build another B unit, this time from the other BNSF constituent. (2 URLs) I'm reasonably pleased with the lettering for a first time attempt but it doesn't look much like the real (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Building other people's designs

I've been building other people's designs recently. (URL) Tim Gould's Seaboard Air Lines VO660, modified a bit. (URL) A couple of reefers from Jake McKee's book, again modified. It's nice having the basis done for you while being able to put your (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three

I have just finished my third version of the 36 Axel Schnabel Car. This is more realistic looking than my last one. Real one can be seen here. (URL) Brickshelf folder. (URL) deep Links. (URL) is 192 studs long and can go through points. Let me know (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A Technic Train

Nifty work there! It definetly looks fun, and makes me want to get some of those wheels. Without a differential, does it suffer on curves(1)? The only work around I can think of would be to only power one side of each axle, or put the gearing the (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  A Technic Train

The new Lego remote-controlled (RC) trains use train wheels with Technic axle holes (only in the wheels connected to the motor, unfortunately). This creates an opportunity to power a train using essentially any Technic or Mindstorms motor, not just (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  Technic Clock Tower Building with Electric Drive

I built a new version of my clock tower building for a recent train layout with (URL) NELUG>. The clock mechanism is built from 100% genuine LEGO and is driven by a 9V (RIS-style) motor powered from a train transformer at a bare minimum voltage. I (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested

I decided to model the very well known GG1 locomotive as a model available from LEGO Factory. I took some liberties with the design and color scheme in order to accomodate what can be done in LDD. Even so, I think the result is inherently (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX) !

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) I must be missing something here--I mean you can go out and buy a really cheap Windows machine or a Mac mini that will run LDD. Money is obviously not a problem--since you state that 5 sets is just a "fair amount of money". To me that is a (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Dodgem Cars

(...) Neat idea. I did put some soccer balls on the plate, but only so the dodgems had something to knock around. But having them inside the cars is a good idea, one that I'll have to try out. Thanks Tim. (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Finno/Russian Boxcar

(2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> For those with deep pockets or special German collections ;) Tim (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) Hi Chris, (...) I believe quite a few people have managed to get LDD running under WINE. Since the code was most likely designed from the ground up to work on PCs and Macs it might be emulatable than older versions. --snip-- Tim (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Dodgem Cars

(...) I tried a few methods including bluTac, but I have lots of spare links so I opted to use some of those. The only way I could attach them successfully was to use a drop of superGlue. The magnets can still be pulled free if need be. That was (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) Unfortunately, that won't work for me. My computer (typing on it now) is running 64 bit Ubuntu Linux. I've managed to get MLCad and TrackDesigner running under 32 bit Wine (Windows emulator), since 64 bit Linux is happy to run 32 bit programs. (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) I'd like to see where you asked that, I have 4 pieces to convert from 4.5V to 9V track. (the old gray track being easy to use for non powered yards...works like a charm, and fits at 8 wide between tracks...). I've had them at least 8 years (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  City images from late 1800's to early 1900's and more

I just ran across a thread on the Skyscraper page with tons of images of cities around the globe from the 1800- 1900's and a little more. (lots of trolleys as well!) (note: There is some strong language in some of the posts, in case you have issue (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dodgem Cars

"Peter Edwards" <pe668@beer.com> wrote in message news:JG2nLC.HCv@lugnet.com... (...) used glue, what was the type? -Rob www.brickmodder.net (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: --snip-- (...) Of course one thing which we have been told does _not_ break the NDA is to release our[1] own instructions in LDraw format or as LDraw generated PDFs. Once people start making (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) Dear Jeroen, all the points you have mentioned are true. We UTB builders have beta tested the LDD and came up with nearly all these wishes as well... (I myself asked basically for LDraw-export/import). In the end I could live with using LDD (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Dodgem Cars

(...) Cool all LEGO solution to dodgems. I'm wondering if whacking a couple of soccer balls in the hull (rather than the wheels) might not make for crazier dodgem action. Did you try this at any point? Tim (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Dodgem Cars

Wasn't sure where Dodgem cars should be posted, so I just picked my two favourite newsgroups. After 2 years of Ebay trawling I managed to pickup some technic chain, bought more than I needed in fact. With the left overs I built this dodgem car (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Save the 10183 trains!

Hi, Last Saterday it arrived, my 10183. It is an awesome set with loads of parts and possibilities. But after building the crocodile (building instructions included in the box), we (my daughter, son and I) wanted to build one (or two) of the other (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) I am glad to see that someone has perfected the idea of using the old 12 volt track with the new R/C trains. I asked some of the train expert early on and was told it would not work. I am glad that I held onto the old 12V gray track and some (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) SNIPED (...) It looks like 2 pair of jumper plates on the RC track and a pair of 1x2 plates on the old track would be even more rigid. Mat Clayson (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) No problem, glad it worked. A smaller option to help secure the rails would be to move the jumper plate to the bley rails, and replace the 1x1 plate with a 1x2, attaching it to the blue rails. You should be able to use a 1x4 plate or tile to (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) Works perfectly! The train runs very smoothly over this link. On one side there is still an indentation in the new gray rail, but on the other the gray and blue rails line up perfectly. Here is the construction: (3 URLs) However, when since (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) Looks pretty good. Have you tried using a jumper plate? I don't know exactly how far apart the blue and bley rails are, but it looks to be almost a half-stud. Could you put a jumper plate on the 2x8s holding the blue rails on, a 1x1 plate on (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

Hi All, The picture below shows my attempt to connect RC-train rails and 1970's blue rails. The RC train can easily traverse the gap in the rails when it is going straight (at least one straight segment on each side of the gap). When it is going (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld 10183 Hobby Train Challenge

(...) LDD 2.0 has a "filter" function that allows you to use only the pieces from the 10183 set, though it does not have the ability to keep track of the number of elements used from that set. The Hobby Train is LEGO© 's attempt to keep 9V trains (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld 10183 Hobby Train Challenge

(...) Jeramy, I haven't really used LDD. Is there a way to limit the parts to only those in the Hobby Train? And, while I'm at it, what exactly is the Hobby Train? (...) Sounds cool. I may have to give it a try. Thanks Steve (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Brickworld 10183 Hobby Train Challenge

This summer at Brickworld, I'll be hosting a train building challenge. Through this challenge, you will get a taste of what it is like to design a set with limited parts availability, much like the designers underwent while working on the 10183 (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX) !!

  Re: The Chief is Back-- Kind of...

(...) I need to follow this up with a reminder (to me) that I owe credit to Dave Vinzant on the use of the 2x2 curved bricks. Check his work out a few years ago: (URL) showed this to me "back in the day" ;-) and it must have been kicking around in (...) (17 years ago, 3-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDD Heavyweight passenger train cars

(...) Very nice indeed (...) I like this, I have some floated on a tile and plate assembly shown in BrickJournal, but they fall off too regularly, I think I will be retrofitting these to see how they go. Play Well Chris (17 years ago, 3-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LDD Heavyweight passenger train cars

(3 URLs) LDD Heavyweight passenger cars (URL) Full Gallery> I've finished my first take on Heavyweight passenger car designs in LDD and have made gratuitous use of the dark red bricks. I've made a set of five different cars. These cars were common (...) (17 years ago, 3-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Boiler idea

Hi all, Just playing around with a boiler concept. You could replace the headlight bricks by 1x1 technic bricks with plates to join the four segments but I kind of liked the look of the segments done this way ;) (2 URLs) MPD> Couple more pics in my (...) (17 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Infrared protocol of the RC trains?

Is there any information on the infrared protocol that is used by the RC Trains? (18 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal goes 6 wide! {:-0

(...) Not to parade on the rain, but I don't suppose you tried putting rubber bands or something to increase the friction between the plastic wheels and plastic rails? You know, like the good old 4.5v motor wheels. Benn (18 years ago, 30-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cafe Corner add-on module

(...) Here's the link to our RichLUG Virginia Aviation Museum Town once moderated: (URL) to our RichLUG member Bob for contributing the Cafe Corner to this year's display. Most MOC's built by Greg and Tim. (18 years ago, 30-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.richlug)

  Re: 5-wide containers

(...) I had pondered such a thing for doing an 'X' in 2-stud lettering, but it would be quite wide with the necessary supporting plates in the centre. Jason R (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: 5-wide containers

(...) That 'K' is outstanding. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 30 NEW Train Sets! -- Or Individual Hobby Train Models Pricing

(...) That looks pretty good. It's rounder, and the extra colours are a nice touch. I've thought of trying to redesign mine to be a bit lighter and easier on the parts count, though I originally built myself two nice grey ones using a spare pile of (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  5-wide containers

(4 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Well I mentioned when I posted my road train that I might make some 5-wide containers and so I did. Heavily influenced by (URL) Mijasper's containers>. Tim (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 30 NEW Train Sets! -- Or Individual Hobby Train Models Pricing

(...) Here's a quick screen capture of the "finished" model. LDD 2,0 doesn't realy like working in half-plate offsets. Originally, I started with the headlight brick spine but the ends of the wagon seemed to curl up! Clipping ricks on the end was (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact