 Trains / 28979
28978  |  28980
Subject:
Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:30:06 GMT

Hi All,

The picture below shows my attempt to connect RC-train rails and 1970’s blue rails. The RC train can easily traverse the gap in the rails when it is going straight (at least one straight segment on each side of the gap). When it is going into or coming out of a curve, it sometimes derails.

Using these connections I was able to run the RC Freight Train, with a few old blue-rail cars, on the following track with out it derailing too often...

My experience so far is that the RC train derails on the blue rails mostly when they don’t line up perfectly (it’s pretty easy to line them up imperfectly, since the connections between them are not nearly as rigid as on newer rails). But when the rails line up well, the train runs well.

If anybody has better ideas for linking blue rails to the RC rails, I’ll be happy to see them.