 Trains / 28992
Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 21:08:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Clifton D. Chambers wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Sivan Toledo wrote:
   Hi All,

The picture below shows my attempt to connect RC-train rails and 1970’s blue rails. The RC train can easily traverse the gap in the rails when it is going straight (at least one straight segment on each side of the gap). When it is going into or coming out of a curve, it sometimes derails.

I am glad to see that someone has perfected the idea of using the old 12 volt track with the new R/C trains. I asked some of the train expert early on and was told it would not work. I am glad that I held onto the old 12V gray track and some of the blue.

I’d like to see where you asked that, I have 4 pieces to convert from 4.5V to 9V track. (the old gray track being easy to use for non powered yards...works like a charm, and fits at 8 wide between tracks...). I’ve had them at least 8 years now, since I had them in use here when I was in my apartment.

James Powell