 Trains / 28979
  Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

Hi All, The picture below shows my attempt to connect RC-train rails and 1970's blue rails. The RC train can easily traverse the gap in the rails when it is going straight (at least one straight segment on each side of the gap). When it is going (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) Looks pretty good. Have you tried using a jumper plate? I don't know exactly how far apart the blue and bley rails are, but it looks to be almost a half-stud. Could you put a jumper plate on the 2x8s holding the blue rails on, a 1x1 plate on (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) Works perfectly! The train runs very smoothly over this link. On one side there is still an indentation in the new gray rail, but on the other the gray and blue rails line up perfectly. Here is the construction: (3 URLs) However, when since (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) SNIPED (...) It looks like 2 pair of jumper plates on the RC track and a pair of 1x2 plates on the old track would be even more rigid. Mat Clayson (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) No problem, glad it worked. A smaller option to help secure the rails would be to move the jumper plate to the bley rails, and replace the 1x1 plate with a 1x2, attaching it to the blue rails. You should be able to use a 1x4 plate or tile to (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) I am glad to see that someone has perfected the idea of using the old 12 volt track with the new R/C trains. I asked some of the train expert early on and was told it would not work. I am glad that I held onto the old 12V gray track and some (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) I'd like to see where you asked that, I have 4 pieces to convert from 4.5V to 9V track. (the old gray track being easy to use for non powered yards...works like a charm, and fits at 8 wide between tracks...). I've had them at least 8 years (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) Hi Havent been here for a long time... I used this in 2000 or 2001 here: (URL) Especially see: (URL) have some broken pieces i wanted to convert 2 a mixed track - the idea was to have a layout with 2 "contries" connected by a railwaybridge, (...) (17 years ago, 3-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Combining RC-Train and Blue Rails

(...) Especially this: (URL) forgot this one: (URL) (17 years ago, 3-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)