 Trains / 29013
Re: 36 Axel Schnabel Car Take Three
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:22:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote:

"Bruce S. Chamberlain" <sten@woz.org> wrote in message
news:JG72pq.MBD@lugnet.com...
I have just finished my third version of the 36 Axel Schnabel Car. This is
more
realistic looking than my last one. Real one can be seen here.

http://home.att.net/~Berliner-Ultrasonics/rrschnb0.html#880tschn

My Brickshelf folder.

Some deep Links.

It is 192 studs long and can go through points.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Bruce

Absolutely a thing of beauty, and exactly the same length as the one I made
a few years ago.
Well done!

-Rob
www.brickmodder.net

Wow, Bruce...  that thing's ... enormous... and very well done.  I especially
like how you've done the custom white brick-work on the trucks.  That's one big
railcar...  I'd be curious if a single locomotive can pull it, since in terms of
axles, you've got about a nine-car train there...  I also like your cascaded
articulation of the trucks, and that gives me an idea for how I might improve
the articulation on the GG1... I'll have to look into that.  Very nice work!

-Jordan