 Trains / 29063
Re: A Cool Viaduct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:42:59 GMT

Jordan Schwarz wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
Jason,

   I like your viaduct[1] that is featured on the Cool Train Creations
web site. Oddly, when I download the model and open it, LDD reports that
51 pieces are placed incorrectly and that they will be removed. Does the
  same thing happen when you open the model that can be downloaded from
the Factory site? If so can you tell me what pieces were removed?

Thanks,
Chris

1.
http://shop.lego.com/Product/Factory/Product.aspx?p=LFH002&mid=7116cd79-017a-4443-840f-55dddeb0b2ff
2.
http://factory.lego.com/gallery/?parameters=3|9C9D7397-18FE-49F1-BF8A-C7117309BD8C|1|coolTrainCreation

Chris,

Thanks for the compliments!  I designed these models using LDD 2.0, so I am a
bit surprised to hear about the part placement issues.  I cannot duplicate these
problems on my end (I tried downloading the models from the website, then
opening them... everything seems to be fine.)  If you are encountering problems
with the large model, you could always try downloading the single viaduct
segment here

<http://shop.lego.com/Product/Factory/Product.aspx?p=LFH002&mid=d1ae7dfc-4e9f-4610-93ec-19a4bd1866e3>

and then ordering multiple copies of that as needed.  Do missing parts appear
for that model as well?

Thanks,
Jordan

Thanks for the information Jordan (you did see my note apologizing for
calling you Jason, right?). Tim Gould also has no problems with that
model. I suspect it's an LDD bug where my version of LDD (Mac) is
applying the rules differently than your version. I've even seen this
problem with some of the models that I create!

Chris
--
http://mysite.verizon.net/cjmasi/lego/

Learn about brittle bone disease