 Trains / 28974
Re: LDD Heavyweight passenger train cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:03:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:

   I’ve finished my first take on Heavyweight passenger car designs in LDD and have made gratuitous use of the dark red bricks. I’ve made a set of five different cars. These cars were common on American railroads, ca 1920. Although most commonly painted Pullman green, several railroads chose Tuscan red instead -as modeled (e.g., Soo, PRR).

Very nice indeed

   I have no idea if I’m the first person to come up with the trick to float the middle axle with the door rails, but it was new to me when inspiration struck and is possibly the most innovative bit of the whole design.

I like this, I have some floated on a tile and plate assembly shown in BrickJournal, but they fall off too regularly, I think I will be retrofitting these to see how they go.

Play Well

Chris