 Trains / 22763 (-100)
  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) Very nice. Might be a good idea to build up the ground next to the water on top of the hill though, to make sure the water flows down the waterfall! (One plate above the water will do). I'm aspiring to make scenery like this myself, but I'm (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Small mountain with train and road tunnels

I made a small mountain that fits on three baseplates arranged corner style for a quarter circle of train track. I was running out of gray bricks/BURPS, so I added a curved roadplate as the corner baseplate, making a tunnel space for that as well. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Low floor light rail train scene

Hello, In february, british transport group Arriva announced a light rail project along the outer ring road (Ring 3) of Copenhagen, Denmark. When I saw the model pictures of the future light rail train, I just had to build it in LEGO! Having built (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: power supply

(...) The short answer is yes, you can add wires & track connectors further from the lego power box. There are 3 options, and you have layed out 2 of them- adding wires from one power pack, seperating the track into 2 or more sections using (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  power supply

Hi is there any way to keep the power level's up to my trains on large lay-out's?? I seem to loose power at the outer reacher's and have wonderd if i can add multiple power supplies or at least track conector's to one control box. (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  New POV-Ray locomotive

I have generated a rendering of my SD40-2 in a snow storm at night. The snow was created from POV-Ray code that I found on Paul T. Dawson's web page. There is a link to Paul's site on my site. I used the media and media attenuation to get the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

My observations: 1. Dremel disks break. Get a good pair of Safety Glasses _AND USE THEM_. How do I mod track? Jewelers saw, Dremel, File, 5 min epoxie, small soldering iron, 2x6 lego brick, 2x4 lego plate, solder & rosin flux. Take saw. Cut plastic (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4-6-2 Wheel Formations using BBB wheels

(...) Hello All, I have just put some pictures of my 4 6 2 chassie ,that uses 6 BBB drive wheels ,on Brickshelf. This is my first time putting pictures on Brickshelf,and the picture are a bit big 2288 * 1712 res. I will learn how to make them (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

I've sold a few of my custom crossovers on eBay so I thought I'd chime in about cutting tracks and other track mods. I always remove the rails before cutting and my cutting is done with a single edge razor blade, making a rough cut first, then (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) [snipped] My first couple track modifications, I used a scroll saw. This works very good for the ABS... but poorly for the metal rail. Later, I learned that using a cutting disc/dremel on the metal rail was much easier. I then run the track (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My pics from MonLUG's 6th train show

(...) Replying to myself, I've made a mistake. The pictures are in this folder: (URL) Sorry! Pierre MonLUG #1 (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) There are other options available. Rotary tools come in three standard groupings: single speed (on/off), multi-speed (2 or more fixed speeds), and variable speed (low, high, and everything between). Mine is a Craftsman-label manufactured by (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) That's what's put me off so far. I don't have a very steady hand and a dremel goes at minimum of 10,000rpm. I'd be likely to shatter the disc, slice the parts in the wrong places or chop into my hand! At least the table saw you showed had a (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

(...) Larry, you wanted to see some more pictures of the Pendolino. Tony Priestman took this last year, showing the bevel gear mechanism at each end of each coach: (URL) 6-wide frame doesn't tilt, but supports the bogie below and the body either (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

Hey, Does anyone have any links? Build Well Erik Bush (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) Cutting straight?? Are you serious???? ;) (...) Done. Easiest modificaiton to date. (...) A good friend in rtlToronto made one. I may attempt this at some point. (...) Done, but on my way to ripping 'em apart and making them into the '3 in (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) I'm not that good on the first cut--precision doesn't quite work for me. I lopped off the end of the switch just after the third tie (third would be including the half tie at the end), I cut up a curved track just on the outside of the center (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) OK thanks - I wasn't looking closely enough. Do you have any more pictures from the procedure? Although I presume you did the same to re-attach the bits as you did on the new procedure. I gather you're cutting the branch off immediately after (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  My pics from MonLUG's 6th train show

Hello, Last weekend, MonLUG participated in its sixth train show. As always, it was a great success and our best layout ever, we were as popular as ever with visitors (around 9000 people). Here are my pics: (URL) (after moderation) There’s 3 pages (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town)

  [Press Release] MichLUG to show at Curious Kids Museum

Contact: Jason Spears jason@michlug.org 269.556.1989 (home) FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Benton Harbor Area, MI - The Michigan LEGO Users Group (MichLUG) is pleased to announce that it will be displaying at the Curious Kids Museum in St. Joseph, MI. This (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space) !

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) Are you sure you really need these? (just about?) Everyone else that has done turntables has just left a 1 stud gap and everything worked out fine. The larger the radius of the table, the less trouble you'd have, I would expect. (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

(...) It's good to see some pictures with trains in. Of the exhibition pictures I've seen on Brickshelf from recent postings, there have been plenty with track in them but too few with trains! Do we Lego photographers need to think more about (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) I'm following your mods with interest. Since I know it's not commercially viable for TLC to make all these track shapes, I wondered do you make any of the following to sell: Half straights Half curves Diamond crossings (2 straights at 22.5 (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) My first modification was exactly that--one piece switch in which the curved section is equal to 2 standard curved sections. Look lower on the page-- (URL) a pretty simple procedure--cut up a curved piece and cut the end off the switch. Stich (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Question about point/switch modifications.

I'm impressed by the quality of these modifications, but can anyone direct me to anyone who's done anything simpler. I'm talking about converting the branch so that it's equivalent to two standard curves, whilst keeping it all as one piece. Making (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

(...) area came out nice! So did the bus terminal, and the castle area is really really well done. My only "complaint" is that much of the castle area uses MB brickwork. You can't get that rounded corner effect with LEGO, but still... (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

(...) Larry, I built a tilting train about 4 years ago but that was based loosely on the 4559. It used the same principles (slanted truck pivots) with tune-able lean angles and could snake through S-bends at reasonable speeds. Only reason I broke it (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) Rats! You beat me to it! I was looking at the pics at work today and thinking, "Hey, if I do this mod to another switch, I can do the double switch thingy!!! I'll do it when I get home, get pics up for tomorrow! Then it'll be perfect!!" But (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) (Another comment, if I may) I don't think you mention it on your site (sorry if I missed it), but couldn't you take two of the switches you modified (the April 5th version) and that parallelogram bit of track and create a crossover? This would (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) You and I had talked about a side transaction regarding these (I have a pair of Jeff C's crossovers already). Listing them on BL may be a lot less hassle from a tracking/collecting perspective so I think you should! (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) As Ralph mentioned, hot glue really doesn't 'dig into' the plastic. But for the train rails, that's okay because there's that rather large hollow space under the rails for the hot glue/reinforcing LEGO piece. When the pieces are together, I (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) I made some switches like these for last year's shows; (URL) used PVC pipe cement which is basically MEK with some filler. Works great if you can take the smell !!!! Also, make sure you really file the cut edges of the track cladding super (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) I have not tried the hot melt glue, myself, but use 3M Super Strength Adhesive... containing MEK. I like the result; strong, not brittle; just a bit rubbery. For the reinforcement, I use plastic coated wire. The glue bonds well to the coating, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) I've got one word for glue for ABS - Plastuct. You can get it at any hobby shop. It's basically a solvent glue. Hot glue grips fairly well, but doesn't really adhere to the ABS as much as fill in spaces to make a solid joint. Cut away enough (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  TrackDraw available for download

The TrackDraw alpha candidate v6 is now available for download at (URL) . Features and bug fixes are detailed in the Yahoo! group messages. The Yahoo! group is now open for anyone to join; no moderation required. The TrackDraw sources are available (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) Great mods, Dave! I can just imagine the wonderful smell of all that freshly sawed ABS permeating your basement... :-) I had a question: I've nevered worked with hot glue before, how well would you say it grips the ABS? Thanks, Mark (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

Well, I made it this time. Kevin D, my son, and I travelled down to Montreal Sunday, braving the poor weather conditions, to see the MonLUG train layout. I hear a couple other Ottawa folks made it down too on Saturday. It looked great. I know you (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

<snip> (...) As promised-- (URL) was that fun. I woldn't want to do it everyday, but for the cost of 2 curve track pieces and 1 switch, it wasn't so bad... The possibilities continue Dave K (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Bric'Mania for AFOLs

A french message follows... Un message en français suit.. Dear AFOLs I have the joy of announcing the launch of (URL) Bric'Mania> This event is organized for you, AFOLs, and come to show us your MOCs. Bric'Mania will take place in Grenoble (France) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.events, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) I agree, but unfortunately my computer does not! My CAD version of the Sydney Harbour Bridge now exceeds the ability of my somewhat antiquated computer to render it (even in MLCad). So until I upgrade, it remains about 3/4 complete in a bunch (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) I second that! TJ, CAD'ing your creations is very important. Especially, before you recycle for the parts. If you have not used it or would like to find out more information, let me know. I can also demo a bit for you at the April Dinner. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) <snip> I was directly inspired by this thread to make my own-- (URL) had thought about doing this a long time ago but never really bothered until I saw that someone else had done it. I mentioned to the rtlToronto'ers that if they want similar (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) I didn't make them, but another member of our club, Joe, did. I believe he got the design from someone else that posted the design either here or on brickshelf. How to actually make thenm I do not know, it does involde cutting, glueing, and (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

Hi Paul, and how did you create them, or from where did you get them? Michael "BrickBuy" <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HutxJ9.yH3@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) off-leg (...) of a (...) the (...) better pics (...) steam (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

Hi TJ Seems to be the bridge with the best weight to span ratio - great. Do you know the pc game 'bridgebuilder'? It lets you build truss bridges but with a limited amount of money (= beams). looking forward to your stay in Switzerland Beat (21 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) Do you have a movie (sorry, I get that all the time, LOL!) What about CADing it? (...) Congratulations, Kevin (21 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) Thanks, Kevin. I had a lot of fun doing this. Perhaps it was the quick turnaround from concept to final MOC. It was much, much faster than other MOCs that I've built in the past. Efficiency is good! Especially with bridges. I really didn't (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) Thanks, Adrian. (...) Ok, at least you're not drooling :-) I could have done it sooner, but I was washing my hair, combing the dog, or brushing my teeth. Take your pick ;-) I could come up with sorrier excuses... give me a minute... best, TJ (21 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) Thanks, Ted! The pattern is so darn simple- 11 identical segments (except the end supports are different). Once I established the geometry of 1 segment, the rest was a matter of speed building ;-) best, TJ (21 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) (Hmmm... I replied to this two days ago and it never appeared! Anyway, again:) My parts are schliemy from all the drool. Y'all can stop now ;-) (...) Nope, no hinge. The mount points are a "fudge" and are only close to being level. I think (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  The SNOT strikes back!

Enough of this 'Schleim' lark - it's time for some proper 'SNOT'. Another SNOT container and two classic forms of motive power for your enjoyment: (2 URLs) (With apologies in advance to HoMa... ;-) Jason Railton (21 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX) !!

  So nice, had to build it twice...

As I mentioned in a previous post, I build two copies of Jake's engine from his recent book. I took a few preliminary pics, here is one, engines side by side: (URL) and back-to-back: (URL) to give these engines something to pull, I also build some (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) TJ, What a beautiful and elegant creation! I like the scale and the efficient use of parts. Well done! Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) Very nice! When I saw pictures of it on BrickShelf ((URL)) a few days ago I was wondering when it's creator would post something. So what took ya ;-) Adr. (21 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

Thomas- That's one beautiful bridge, all the more impressive that say you knocked if off in no time. -Ted Michon SCLTC (21 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) Thanks! I'll bring it with me to the dinner. Table for 1 + bridge :-) j/k Yep, see ya soon. -TJ (21 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) HEY! Keep your slobber off my Technic parts :-) (...) Only if I try to get on it :-) It's pretty solid, surprisingly. (...) Thanks for lookin'! best, TJ (21 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) Another nice bridge TJ. Looks a lot like the Bayonne bridge in New York. Like Eric, I drool over all the white technic parts. Just one quextion, are the mount points on the end sections perfectly level? Or just close? Or is there a hinge in (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

WOW! Eric said a *Slurp* mouth-full! Your Bridges have made my jaw break in the past. You really can build'em! See you at the April Dinner! Christopher Smith (21 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) Wow, that is impressive! Look at the structure! Really cool looking! Drool Drool, over all that white Technic. Does the bridge making natural creaking noises? Great write up too. Thank you! wow e (21 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  My building experience of Jakes' GP-38

I finished building the GP-38 locomotive in Jake's book "getting started with Lego trains". The model stands in front of me, and I must say: Wow, that is a great engine. I will definately give the other two models in the book a try soon. The (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from NILTC display at All American Railroad Show

(...) Do you have any more information or pictures on the construction of this: (URL) I'm Intrigued... -John Rudy (21 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

Here's a quickly built bridge I did for our recent TexLUG meeting: (2 URLs) Enjoy! -TJ (URL) Texbrick.com> (21 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) (URL) picture 4 would not be bertie because bertie was not a double decker but it would be bulgy (who is currently used as a hen house) (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

(...) Ah, but how did it cope with double bends? The Hornby APT, which uses either slanted mounts or a contoured track, rises up on double bends in a most unprototypical fashion. My Pendolino doesn't rise up. Also, the pantographs don't tilt on the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) The most current version is now online: (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO discount coupons

SCANDINAVIAN NEWS SERVICE – (BILLUND, DK, 1-APR-2004) The LEGO Group will reportedly announce next week that it is making minor changes to its flagship toy building blocks as part of a “last ditch effort to keep the company independent and return it (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping) !!

  Re: Owning up; new pictures of Thomas and Friends

(...) Hey - Cute models. I'm really impressed with the water effects under the bridge. I've seen those 1x2 dark-blue tiles at Legoland pick-a-brick, but never thought them of being any use. Instead, I've been using clear 1x1,1x2 plates (also from (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: looking for the owners

Replying to my own post I know, sorry I forgot to say that one day I'm also going to do Toby's coaches, the destinctive Wisbech and Upwell balcony ended ones, both to bogie one seen here (URL) and the similar but shorter four wheeled one. Tim (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) I have to admit that I when I downloaded the original version ages ago I was very pleasantly surprised and excited to see my (CAD) rendition of Toby included. I really will have to finish it and include a better way of joining it all together (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Owning up; new pictures of Thomas and Friends

For Russell - once moderated, my new pictures of Thomas and Friends are in my Brickshelf gallery: (URL) There's Thomas himself, with Annie and Clarabel (okay, the two-axle TV versions of Annie and Clarabel) and Percy. For look-alike real engines, (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) Actually, the whole presentation is about Thomas & Friends. An older version is in the ILTCO library: (URL) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) Has anyone done Thomas, Stepney or other Awdry engines with BBB wheels and moving rods yet? BTW, these are also Awdry characters: Toby the Tram, who has a book to himself: (URL) (class 28), featured in Main Line Engines: (URL) Bear (Hymek, (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) The second one belongs to Andrew Reynolds of GtwLUG. You can get ahold of him, typically, at: andrew_reynolds AT uhc DOT com --Jack, AFOL, GtwLUG (St. Louis) ___...___ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time. (URL) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) Not only has Stepney the wrong number of wheels, so do Annie and Clarabel. In the books (the real source material) they are bogie coaches Tim (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) Thanks Larry, and I'd forgotten about Percy. Unfortunately, Stepney has the wrong number of wheels in those pictures - zero! (...) Not mine, though. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) I think I have some pics of Jason's Thomas in my gallery from when I was in the UK and at the NBLTC STEAM planning meeting. (URL) specifically: (URL) through 1167 and also 1170 Hope that helps... (...) That's a very lovely Gas Electric in the (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) There are some old pics of Stepney here: (URL) old flat too! At least I don't have to see that wallpaper any more. And don't try to deny that you've still got this one! (URL) ;-) I'll try to take some better ones tonight though. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) This is the only pic of yours I have: (URL) you have others I'd like to include them. Russell BayLTC (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG layout at 3/27 - 3/28 Greenberg show (Animated King Kong!!! included)

(URL) (...) Thanks for posting this, Eric. If anyone would like to see more photos and short clips of Kong and some of the other animated features of this section of the display, I've put up a page (URL) here>. -Mike "Count Blockula" Crowley (2 (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) Russell - Have you got my Thomas (medium blue), Stepney (tan & black) and James-ish (0-6-0 Fowler in dark red)? I've got a better camera now so I might be able to take some improved pictures. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) Yes, I did see your pictures, and I have included them in my presentation. Soon I will post the presentation online. If you have other pictures than these, I would love to see them! Russell (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

(...) Bevel gears? WAY overengineered. Someone did a tilting metroliner that uses no gears at all, just slanted truck mounts. VERY clever. This was at least 3 years ago IIRC... I am 80% sure (but not 100%) it was either E. Brok or J. Mathis. (21 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: looking for the owners

(...) Is this a presentation of pictures, and if so have you seen my versions? (URL) have quite a few of Thomas' friends too, if you need pics of them. Stepney the Bluebell Engine is the yellow engine behind Thomas in the picture. The red Hogwarts (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

(...) Kid is short for Kidderminster, where we exhibited the large layout (16ft x 12ft) earlier this month. Dby is short for Derby, where we were in April 2003. I hope my cutting out of the salient bits of photos has kept the download time (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Idea for DCC

I am experimenting with and there is some discussion in my club (michlug) about trying it in a small show. While I was studying up on DCC and how it would be used at shows and event I had an idea. If you have a show or event where people bring (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Minifig scale Ford F-150 (6-wide)

I've just finished my first town MOC in quite some time...this F-150 uses the 1 stud = 1 foot scale, which makes it a large 6-wide truck. Definitely suitable for an 8-wide train layout ;) (URL) One of the features of this truck is the third door, (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: looking for the owners

"Russell Clark" <rclark@telis.org> wrote in message news:HvELCt.owp@lugnet.com... (...) First one and third one is the same one and would belong to one Jim Davis of Springfield MO. You can contact him at: gearboxed AT classicnet DOT net (21 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  NELUG layout at 3/27 - 3/28 Greenberg show (Animated King Kong!!! included)

NELUG continued its tradition of doing a new layout that includes some really new stuff including our goal of adding lots of automation to the layout. For this layout that included an animated King Kong climbing a sky scraper. This was put together (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  looking for the owners

Will the owners/builders of the following engines please contact me: (URL) am updating my Thomas presentation and I need your names to give you proper credit for the models. Russell BayLTC (21 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

Already saved in the Mark Bellis Folder! Whats with the 'kid' bit in all the image names? I can't wait to see some of these in the ABS Tim (21 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

(...) I think that's 'cos I put some more pics on there about an hour ago. Perhaps the moderator takes all the user's directories that contain pictures off line while the new stuff is moderated, even if there's already moderated stuff in there. When (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Pics from the TexLUG meeting in San Antonio, March 27th-28th 2004

(URL) (the above photo is a real creek outside San Antonio) TexLUG just had it's spring meeting in San Antonio. I won't go into much detail, I'll let the people who are good at write ups do that. But here ya go: (URL) Gallery> (URL) Layout overview (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

That's weird, I could click on the links around a half hour ago and they worked. Now I can't see 'em--they're not moderated. Maybe there's a security issue at Brickshelf Just giving ya a heads up. Btw, nice locos! Dave K (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

These aren't moderated yet, you might want to share the deep links (click on the picture so you get the link that ends in .jpg). Frank "Mark Bellis" <m.j.e.bellis-01@stu...oro.ac.uk> wrote in message news:HvCrqB.1Los@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  New train MOC pictures

The first new pictures of my train MOCs have appeared on Brickshelf: LMS 2-6-0+0-6-2T Garratt Steam Engine: (URL) has 5 motors (2 train, 2x 71427 and 1 micro motor in the cab to turn the coal bunker) and working valve gear. Toby the Tram: (URL) with (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Modifying 9v Wyes

(...) modifying (...) "Hey, (...) Welcome to the darkside, my son. Obi Wan has taught you well. -bm www.brickmodder.net (21 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modifying 9v Wyes

(...) That's what I did--I have a whole box full of broken and other misshapen LEGO bricks and I tried dremelling a few of those first. Then I cut up 30 dollar switches :) (...) I own 2 micromotors and about 20 regular motors. I think I'll stick (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting Started with LEGO Trains - Wait for the 2nd edition!

(...) I can only agree with William's analysis of the book, but wanted to be careful in making what might be seen as overly negative comments about something that is likely to be strongly defended. What I really wanted, but certainly wasn't (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-04, to lugnet.books, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first boxcar

Simple and effective, it works well. Those 1x1+1x1 brackets are very useful but not as common as they could be. I like the way you have used the larger than one stud dimension of them to make your design work, thats the bit that always annoys me! (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact