 Trains / 17863 (-100)
  Invitation to run your trains at NW BrickCon

Greetings all. The Northwest Brick Convention is nearly upon us. This should be a remarkable event, and PNLTC is very pleased to be participating. We would like to invite any attendees with train MOCs to please bring them along, and we'll run them (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Re: new MOCs: coaling station and sanding tower

(...) Dear Frank, yes I had some previews on your buildings, but you have really surprised me with the small coal cart (the one you can carry up to the coal tender of your engine with that nice crane). I love all the small details, you added. Great (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal - Blue coach available seperately?

(...) A trip to my local Target this afternoon scores me 10014 and 10015 :) 10015 is definitely the green passenger wagon, here are color scans of my box prior to opening. (URL) hadn't purchased either at S@H yet but now that they are available (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal

(...) Thanks Jake. Can you confirm the reported price points as well? 4534 $159.99 at Target 4535 $180.00 at TRU (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

"Richard Morton" <richard.morton@idyn...csinc.com> wrote in message news:H3Bwpu.JJ9@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I too just returned from my local Target and can add some more information. The shelf strip for the Passenger Car included (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal

(...) Confirming these sets and providing details: Both sets contain the following: - My Own Train large black steam engine with tender - Motor - Light - Speed regulator - Oval of track - Platform - Mini-figs (Including Conductor Max and Engineer (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal - Blue coach available seperately?

Yep, confirmed. I have just come back from my local target and although they don't have these in stock, they already have the shelf strips for; Lego deluxe train set 4534 $159.99, Caboose - 10014 $14.99, Open freight car - 10013 $16.99 Passenger (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Posted for Rosemary Regner who mailed me asking to post this... she's having trouble. Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H3B6tI.9B0@lugnet.com... (...) I just came home from Target. They had one set $159.99, Lego Express (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: new MOCs: coaling station and sanding tower

(...) Wassssup (...) Great job Frank! I'm glad you decided to finish them. Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  new MOCs: coaling station and sanding tower

Hi, After a brief email exchange with Ben, I found the inspiration to finish some of the structures I had lying around. So here is the result: (URL) me know what you think! greetings, Frank (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal

(...) See what I'm talking about? Ben, Ben, Ben... Well anyway Corey G. said to me in an email that he is in the process of getting registered to post with LUGNET and would be doing so soon. I asked him for permission to post the mail he sent me. he (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal

(...) check THIS out. (URL) a *lot* of narrow blue windows to come up with for a hoax. However long time readers know I tend to be fooled rather easily. :-) (Hi Ben!) Corey said (on BL: (URL) that the box is green but the contents are blue. (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal

(...) check THIS out. (URL) a *lot* of narrow blue windows to come up with for a hoax. However long time readers know I tend to be fooled rather easily. :-) (Hi Ben!) Corey said (on BL: (URL) that the box is green but the contents are blue. (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Just saw a bunch of people in the PNLTC layout at the Beaverton Mall

I just got back from my lunch break, but when I was leaving the mall, I noticed a bunch of people checking out the PNLTC train display at the Beaverton Mall in Oregon. The thing that I thought was funny was the glass doors being securely shut. I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) Wow, very impressing layout! My favorite among all pictuiures is this one: (URL) for taking pictures of all the LTCs-containers. Nice to see them in use at the show. Keep on bricking! Ben (www.FGLTC.org) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

My pictures are now available online and can be seen here: (URL) apologize for all the ones that are dark, the place where the show was held had poor lighting. I tried to take pictures with my flash and without my flash, and neither seems to have (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  A song in pictures - draft for my first ISCC II entry....

Hi all, for the now launched "Second International System Creativity Contest": (URL) had prepared this small 10 pictures gallery, which is now 99.5% ready to enter the contest as soon as it is possible. (URL) you enjoy the little story, which is (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) I'm not Steve, but I'll answer anyway (my first time reading Lugnet since the show!) (...) Yep. That's Kevin's control panel. Really cool! Its surfaced with black tiles mostly. He used small vertical clips to fasten on a layout diagram made of (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) Depends on what you consider the front of the elevators; is it the track side or the road side? The track side of the two elevators is what is open and facing the crowds. After some initial grumbles from them, they ran reliably and to great (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) It is a control system. :) There is a flex-tube map of the entire layout, with red clips to show breaks in power zones (electrical isolation) and yellow clips to show switches. Each of the yellow switches is numbered, and there is a row of (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

That was the control for the automated switches. I'm not sure how exactly it technically worked, but I did get to play with it. It was the work of Kevin Maynes, he will be able to explain how he made it. I will try and track him down so he can (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

That is the front of the elevators, and is the side that faces the crowd. There are doors that can close, but we leave them open so the crowd can see the grain elevators working. Adam In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: [[snipped]] (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

Steve, What is this area? (URL) like a control system, could you explain it some? Thanks, jt (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) I meant links to the folder, and or the filename pattern, but it's been moderated now. (...) Can you comment on this pic: (URL) is going on in the back of these elevators? Or is it the front? It looks like the open back of the elevator is the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  DB 211 in "Verkehrsrot" colors

As a diversion today, and after seeing some magnificent engines built using 5- en 7-wide concepts, I started building one of my favorite German diesel engines, the BR 211 B'B' diesel. Specs so far : - Built on a constructed bottom plate, 34 studs (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) I've got the layout we used saved at work; I'll upload it to Brickshelf tomorrow and link here. I didn't get any pics myself this time around, but Raven took some, and I'll chivey her into getting me the disks. thanks, James (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal

(...) If this is actually the green passenger coach redone in blue that is HIGHLY significant because it means that train doors, wide train windows and narrow train windows are available IN THE SAME COLOR all at the same time. When's the last time (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Edinboro, PA train Show

Christopher Tracey <ctracey@enviroweb.org> wrote in message news:3D98B38B.708070...web.org... (...) The pet hospital is gray. It is a fairly accurate representation of the front of the pet hospital that my wife works at. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Edinboro, PA train Show

(...) <accent> Yeah, I lived in picksburg fer five years n'at. Mostly in Squorl h'l, but I did venture dahntahn every one snawall. I take it yinz are from da burgh as woll? </accent> What a wierd place... -c (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Pictures from Edinboro, PA train Show

(...) Have you heard the Pittsburgh accent? Believe me, the extraneous 'h' is the least of our problems! Dave! (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Edinboro, PA train Show

(...) Just to note that Pittsburgh is spelled with an 'h' on the end. I heard that its the only city allowed to spell burgh that way, but I'm not positive. Anyway, great pics Ray! Is the pet hospital green, white or gray? I can't tell from the pic. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H38Kp2.JvM@lugnet.com... (...) Edinboro is about 20 miles south of Erie,PA which is where I live. Erie is about equidistant from Cleveland, Buffalo, and Pittsburg. (...) The collection (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) Sounds great! Can you give some deep links? Perhaps the pattern? Thanks! (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

Highlights: About 9000 people toured the various layouts; Kevin and his lift bridge featured in our local paper (local population ~1 million); After years of taking second place at shows we finally got a first place finish. One factor which we (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug) !!

  Re: Pictures from Edinboro, PA train Show

(...) Hi and welcome. Wow. Way to delurk with a bang! Where is Edinboro? There are a group of folks in the York/Harrisburg area trying to get organized but I don't know of any in western PA yet... So we are to understand that all the models in your (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wonderfully strange train website

(...) These were actually mentioned over two years ago, here's Masaki "INOSUKE" Kikuchi's response to the thread: (URL) interesting though, from what I can tell, there is quite a bit of LEGO activity in Japan, but we hear almost none of it. Of (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Great Western Lego Train Show 16/11/02

The NBLTC are proud to announce their next and biggest ever show at 'Steam', the Great Western Railway museum in Swindon, UK. The event will take place on 16th November 2002 and features a 9ft x 21ft layout in front of a real steam loco (Caerphilly (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  10022 Minor Problem

Hi, I found a problem with the 10022 set. The plates on the bottom center section of the cars come into contact with the track if the track is not perfectly level, particularly a layout with curves on hills. Has anyone else had this problem? The (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures from Edinboro, PA train Show

Hi Everybody For those inpatient souls, here is the link to the pictures. (URL) have been a long time lurker here (since almost the beginning) and have enjoyed all of the creations that have been shown. I belong to an HO train club in the small town (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

"TooMuchDew" <wtoenjes@attbi.com> wrote in message news:H355Fq.JGz@lugnet.com... (...) who (...) That's cool! All these years most of what I've seen w/ the topic of LEGO trains has either come from the US or somewhere in Western Europe. I (very) (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Wonderfully strange train website

While searching for something else I stumbled across this website, the "Secret Weapon of the Eastern Japan LEGO Train Club" created by someone who clearly is having waaay too much fun, even for an AFOL. I hate to throw around the word charming but (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.jp)

  Re: NSW 40 class locomotive

(...) I'll update my page right away... -Harvey (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: NSW class 40 locomotive

(...) Thank you Larry, this has been my baby for the past month, mostly waiting for the parts to arrive and all. Too bad about the lack of the slanted cab, but I wanted to duplicate the narrow ALCO cab look...and there was no way to do it with (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Images from Legofest 10 th (march 2002)

(...) Monorails run pretty slowly which makes them able to take quite a load. I just built a fairly tall 6-wide monorail (at least as tall as the Metroliner monorail) which runs just fine. Frank (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NSW 40 class locomotive

(...) A note on terminology: In Australia, its '40 class', not 'Class 40'. Cheers Richie Dulin (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Images from Legofest 10 th (march 2002)

(...) Absolutely fantastic images! My highlights, not being a 8w fan, would go to the road vehicles: the APE is awesome, and the trucks look "smooth" (not exactly the word, I hope you get the idea) The trains are nice too, heh! Somehow I'm familiar (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Images from Legofest 10 th (march 2002)

Hi guys, here you are pics from Itlug Legofest 10th,that took place in the neighbourhoods of Bologna on march,17th. (hint: open this in a new page) www.itlug.org click on "eventi" in the menu at left,then "Bologna, 17 marzo 2002: Legofest X ". We (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Unfortunately Brunel was a lonely voice of over-engineering - pretty well the whole of the rest of the country followed Stephenson into 4' 8.5" and God's Wonderful Railway had no choice but to change. NR Loading gauge, the size of Underground (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Loads and loads bigger. (sorry! ... 'k, no I'm not). I just had no idea that UK was so much smaller than the rest of Europe! After all, the UK is the original home of Broad Gauge... (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NSW class 40 locomotive

(...) Nice work. captures the look pretty well, although it's tough to get that slanted cab upper, eh? Rooting around on the proto site you linked, (good site!) I found these beauties: (URL) have rather unique cabs. Would make a very interesting (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TEE diesel train from the 60ies

(...) I would agree. The nose hangs out a bit farther than I would have expected and it's missing the front stack but other than that, wow. Nice work! Please convey our regards back to the 1000steine gang for us, eh? (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) I think US loading gauge is quite a lot larger than Euro standard as well Tim (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TEE diesel train from the 60ies

Oh that nose...I really loved that nose!!! TEE rules! -Harvey (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NSW class 40 locomotive

Based on the ALCO model RSC-3 road switcher, twenty of these were exported to Australia in the early 1950's. Me being an ALCOphile and all, I really loved the sleek lines of these 'tubs' as the RS-3's were nicknamed. Would sure like to hear comments (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First TEE diesel train from the 60ies

(...) later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  First TEE diesel train from the 60ies

Marmaris, a German Lego train newbie has made up his first MOC-engine ever. I just wantes to share that creation with the lugnetters, because it is not uploaded at brickshelf and would be missed by most train heads otherwise... The real train: (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) (URL) Thanks for reposting these fine models to your gallery, Huw. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Set 118 US only. Has anybody any info on this train set?

(...) Just realized: That is definitely the very first Lego-cabose ever(Look at the alternative model of that set. Speaks even the more for an US exclusive.... Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Set 118 US only. Has anybody any info on this treain set?

Has anybody any info on this treain set? Take a look here: (URL) picture (hostet by the German AFOL Karl-Heinz Vogt) has been taken from an ebay.com auction and shows a kind of special (US?) version of the 119 set prairie train, but with the number (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  New Jersey Transit ALP 46 (New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....)

(...) Hi Bob, I remembered an article in a Dutch train magazine about the roll-out of that loc. I scanned it and placed it here: (URL) text in short: On October 18 2001 the ALP 46 for NJT was rolled-out at Bombardier in Germany. It is based on the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A 'funny' picture... (+ kind of a riddle)

(...) There are not 12 trains, but there have been at least a dozen sets, that have been torn down that evening. Most of them were train buildings like 165, 2150, 4553, 4554, 4555, 4557, 7823, 7838, 7866, 7839.... Then I see set 4552, two times (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) [snip] (...) Thanks for these infos, Huw! My 4 years old Camedia 820L from Olympus has lots of problems with the black undercarriages of my rolling stock. Even gammy correction does not help there. But after nearlly 20000 pictures I might buy (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Layout and train MOCs: part 3

(...) No,Larry,I put them on just because I liked them :-)) But on many swiss railways,the "shields" with the canton's symbol is prototipical.... (Bavaria is not in Swtzerland,anyway!) Ciao Gianluca (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  10020, 10022 and 10025 files available

Hi, Loads of people asked for this and finally they are available; the Santa Fe files. Please read the Read me (in the zip or just hoover over the word readme on the page, clicking doesn't get you anywhere for some reason). Word of causion: the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad.ray)

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:H2zJ1z.Hv7@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks Ben, actually some are quite old, but I inadvertently deleted them from Brickshelf a couple of months ago and couldn't find a backup copy (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H2zsuv.Eov@lugnet.com... (...) Not with our measly loading gauge: (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A 'funny' picture... (+ kind of a riddle)

Is the answer to the riddle, the fact that there are 12 complete trains in the picture? Dave (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Probably is, Uk loading gauge is pretty tight and a big digger would require a drop centre (well-wagon), mind you the engineering department (on BR anyway) tend to use the vehicles they have aquired. Tim (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First place at GATS Little Rock !!!!

The first round of pics are up at our website, (URL) Look under the photos section for the GATS link. Only thumbnails are available to view right now, until the Brickshelf folder is moderated... We were all excited and honored to win first place at (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.msltc)

  Re: Layout and train MOCs: part 3

(...) creations. Very nice. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Mathis re-creations

(...) I second this well deserved praise! I built two sets of the double stack cars and also found no where to improve on them! Here's mine: (URL) a big thanks for Jake McKee's instruction portal for giving me easy access to the instructions! - Bob (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Layout and train MOCs: part 3

(...) Oooh, that Bavarianish train is really cute. Good 3 axle cars! I especially like the shields, are those prototypical? (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Mathis re-creations

(...) <snip WP&Y loc> (...) This design is a result of much discussion and brainstorming between Jake McKee, Steve Barile, and myself. Definitely a collaborative effort through verbal descriptions and hand-gestures. I know I incorporated many of (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Layout and train MOCs: part 3

(...) Will meet you hpopefully in 3 1/2 weeks in Zwolle... Thanks for the infos you gave! (...) I would love to see more of that stuff. I loved this yellow+white house: (URL) (...) Free for public view already: Kevin is amazingly fast. I would love (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) It looks like most of the component parts for this set are already in Peeron. It would be nice if someone who gets this could do an inventory of the new bits, with references to the already-inventoried subsets, and send it over to (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Layout and train MOCs: part 3

(...) Hi,Ben,it's been a long time...! (...) Ok,tell me,I'm ready! :-)) (...) No,it's divided in 5 modules and everyone has his own module at home. we designed it with Track Designer once we (5 guys,the 6 ones you met at Zwolle less the tallest one) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) I freely admit inspiration from James Mathis on that one, he posted some Maerklin stuff and had built a trafo car... I dug around at various sites looking for real and toy drop center cars and trafos seem the most common loads so that is what (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  A 'funny' picture... (+ kind of a riddle)

I will have to move at the end of this year, so I decided to wreck down a few MOCs and some of my sets a while ago... Maybe you can give me more than a dozen numbers, while looking at these pictures? (URL) fun! Ben (www.fgltc.org) P.s.: (I felt (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Wow, I missed that one. Great idea with the Maerklin-like transformer as load! I would beg you to post your MOC designs more often here (even if you sell them...). Or have I just overread your announcement concerning that great waggon? Keep on (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) to drop center flats. You can see another approach here... (URL) had chosen to have end railings (simulating a car that has many more wheels than the car actually does) rather than extending the ends as far as Huw did. Huw needs a bigger load (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  new waggons by Huw Millington

Wow, these models are cool! Huw has created some new waggons. This one rocks: very clever design for a heavy load flatbed! (URL) steel transport waggon is my second favorite looks so simple, but very realistic: (URL) all these open waggons look (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Layout and train MOCs: part 3

(...) Hi Gianluca, thanks for sharing these pictures of the Itlug! I would like to know just a little bit more about the Itlug trainheads: - do you have this room as a permanent club room? (I think the room problem is one, lots of us suffer at...) - (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....

(...) So you're saying LEGO has approached you to purchase one of your designs? JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....

(...) Chances are he probably could not answer that under the terms of his non disclosure (...) but even if he could, he almost certainly can't answer that one. But his NDA could be different than mine, of course. (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Layout and train MOCs: part 3

I like how you made a monorail out of the metroliner parts, it looks sharp! Michel Magnan (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

"Paul Sinasohn" <singlow2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H2yo2L.Cso@lugnet.com... (...) That's my "Mad Max" train. I'm currently rebuilding the engine and adding two more wagons. It'll be ready (I hope) for Lego World 2002. (URL) has some more (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....

(...) James Mathis also created this: (URL) I believe looks even closer to the original post! James, has Lego approached you about buying anymore of your Lego creations/ideas? And if so, which ones??? Sincerely, John Musil (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Layout and train MOCs: part 3

What is the black train in this last picture? any shots of that? Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Layout and train MOCs: part 3

Hi guys, thanks to Alfio Scaletta's kind help,I could add 7 new pics to the layout folder: (URL) is a 3 by 3 meters (10 by 10 ft.) modular layout that ,here at ItLUG we began to build before summer (and these pics are from that period,the end of (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My Mathis re-creations

Hello All, I have built 2 of my favorite James Mathis creations, the White Pass & Yukon locomotive and his Double stack cars. (URL) had to make color changes to the WP&Y loc for obvious reasons and part substitutions due to availability but I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train and Castle pics (from PLUGfest)

Hi guys, I'm just posting the link to the pics from the latest PLUGfest, where I had the chance to take some snapshots of my bridge (mentioned earlier on .trains, about 4 months ago), and a couple other stuff. Since there is no text, I'll make a (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Lego Train poster is ready and waiting...

(...) Thanks so much for sharing this incredible poster with us. I love it. Now, to find somewhere to print it bigger than 8.5x11. :-) Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....

(...) ;-) ...grinning... No, I am not upset (sometimes I am just acting as if I was), but I think Lego should consist out of 'universal' parts, like molekules are made from atoms. I love the Santa Fe and the 7740 for that reason while even the much (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....

I took another look at the engine and realized it was very similar to the new locomotives that New Jersey Transit ((URL) recently purchased. A friend of mine (who works for NJT) sent me a picture of one last week, but he did not give me any details (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....

(...) What about the windshield piece used in this set?: (URL) Mathis has modeled a train using it, and it looks quite like the one in the original post (which I now realize I've deleted that part of the message!): (URL) course, James can use just (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....

Ben, You'll never need to us the Jack Stone Lego - I've personally seen what you can do with regular bricks! I do think train windscreens are one of the hardest parts to make though - particularly if like to stick to 6-wide. Most trains have complex (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....

(...) Yes you are right. But I promise: the day Lego makes an engine with these parts, I stop collecting train sets... I dislike the Jack stone special parts too much to use them anywhere. Leg Godt! Ben P.s.: In fact I have already put a new limit (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....

The front of that engine could easily be made out of a printed version of (...) [snip] (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact