 Trains / 17816
17815  |  17817
Subject:
Images from Legofest 10 th (march 2002)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:39:37 GMT

Hi guys,
here you are pics from Itlug Legofest 10th,that took place in the
neighbourhoods of Bologna on march,17th.

(hint: open this in a new page)

www.itlug.org
click on "eventi" in the menu at left,then "Bologna, 17 marzo 2002:
Legofest X ".

We had our usual Robotic challenge and put together a nice town/train
layout.
The funny thing about this layout is that there was no common design,
but Mario Ferrari and the Carlo Ottolina/Ezio Maino duet put together
the modules they brought and each one didn't know what other guys built
before that moment.

here's the description of pics:

1. After having built many technic/robotics stuff,Mario came back to
trains. And,most important thing,we persuaded him that 8wide is better
than 6wide. ;-))
So he built an 8wide SuperChief trainset,that you can see in this pic
passing at lightspeed in front of Carlo's huge station.
The "metroliners" you can see in the distance are 6wide monorail
trains.

2. Mario's red building (a monorail station?) and Carlo's huge station
(in gray).
The black truck is Gianluca's town version of the famous Model Team
Black Cat Truck

3. Trains running in front of the train yard.
The "Pepsi" thing is a truck trailer from Gianluca's Road Railer train.
You can see also the 8wide version of ItLUG wagon,Carlo's "Mad Max"
train (black and chrome one) and Carlo himself handling his station's
(heavy) roof.

4. Carlo's beautiful station opened. Afaik,the interiors are both Carlo
and Ezio's work.(Ezio is the author of the famous pub that many persons
admired in Zwolle last year) .
You can see the Bar and newsstand (gray octagonal pyramid roof)

5. Another bar,but this is upstairs.

6. same as 2. ,but from a different angle and with Mario's dome car
passing by.

7. Gianluca's  switch tower interiors. The empty room on lower right
corner should lead downstairs,while the adiacent room  is the bathroom.

8. Switch tower bathroom.Gianluca was inspired by Ezio's pub toilets.
Sink,WC and toilet paper roll are reproduced.

9. Perspective of switch tower interiors. 4 computers with even the
mouse reproduced.....and,hey,how many times I told you to close the
toilet door? :-)

10.  Gianluca's swiss eurocity train and Mario's Superchief are meeting
under the switch tower. On the roof,the weathercock looks at the scene.
Note: guess what was the gap between Mario's dome car roof and the
signals under the switch tower....1 mm (1/24 inch) !!

11. Gianluca's looking rightwards,while a monorail train successfully
engages the "dune" at mad speed,without taking off (like Galaxy express
999 -) )

12. full view of Gianluca's swiss eurocity train Close couplings are
used here,so there's no gap between coaches on straight track,but a gap
is created while negotiating curves .The engine is a lenghtened version
of the Re460 Gianluca built some time ago (4 more studs) and the wagons
are brand-new 52-long units.

13. short coupling at work: no gap at right,gap at left .

14. Gianluca's roadrailer train and pullback motor Piaggio Ape
3-wheeler.

15. Gianluca's trains:full view of RoadRailer and swiss EC passing by

16. The entire layout

17. and 18.  Mario's F7 hauling the roadrailer . Yes,this is a widened
version of Lego 10020.

19. and 20. Carlo's huge,beautiful station without and with upper
floor.

21. and 22. Front and back view of Gianluca's pullback motor Ape

23. HOG (hand of Gianluca ;-) ) gives life to the 3-wheeler :-)

24. Close up of coupler-extending system.

25. Easy gondola anybody can build with stockade doors,log bricks and a
few (and cheap) more parts

26. Three Kof shunters (Carlo and Gianluca's work). Incidentally,they
match the italian flag pattern.

27. 8wide ItLUG wagon

28. Gianluca's 8wide twin tank hopper. no particular parts,here,just
slopes and facet bricks

29 The sme truch in pics 2 and 6,frontally

I know little about models from pic 30 upwards,the cement mixer is
Andrea Donadello's work, the digger (only italian entry in ISCC 1
contest) and red truck is Fabio Sali's work.the egg is Carlo's work and
the animals should be MOCs by Camilla (Mario's daughter)

Finally,some of the robots that took parts to the Robotics race ( see
pic 40).

Ciao,
Gianluca

Mio Yahoo!: personalizza Yahoo! come piace a te
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.my.yahoo.com/