 Trains / 17766
Re: New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:56:49 GMT

Ben,

You'll never need to us the Jack Stone Lego - I've personally seen what you
can do with regular bricks!

I do think train windscreens are one of the hardest parts to make though -
particularly if like to stick to 6-wide. Most trains have complex curved
glass (either for aerodynamics or just for styling reasons), even Steam
locos are difficult in Lego as black windows are so rare!

The Super Chief uses a reasonable windscreen - but its not really like an
F-series EMD locomotive (someone has done some MOCs of Alco FA Units using
the same windscreen, which is very convincing though).

I'm sure you'll find a solution though Ben!

Andy

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes writes:
The front of that engine could easily be made out of a printed version of
one of the "Jack Stone" windshields - like the one in
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4606

Bob

Yes you are right. But I promise: the day Lego makes an engine with these
parts, I stop collecting train sets... I dislike the Jack stone special parts
too much to use them anywhere.

Leg Godt!

Ben

P.s.: In fact I have already put a new limit for collecting: I do not own all
20 possible colour+shape combinations for the MOT, I have denied to buy
any legends and I will probably not buy the new big MOT-set with the extra
platform and the new minifigs... 200 bucks for 4 minifigs oversteps my budget.

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

Anybody seen this? Maybe that will be the next Lego train set?

http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/usr/album57/aac.sized.jpg

[snip]

Ben