 Trains / 17769
Re: New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:05:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes writes:
I took another look at the engine and realized it was very similar to the
new locomotives that New Jersey Transit (http://www.njtransit.com) recently
purchased.  A friend of mine (who works for NJT) sent me a picture of one
last week, but he did not give me any details about them - see
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bhayes/realtrains/njt4601.jpg

... a few Jack Stone sets and a little electrical tape ...
(my apoligies to Ben and Tom Cook for what to them may be an upsetting idea)

;-) ...grinning...

No, I am not upset (sometimes I am just acting as if I was), but I think Lego
should consist out of 'universal' parts, like molekules are made from atoms.
I love the Santa Fe and the 7740 for that reason while even the much
loved metroliner has never been a cult object in my eyes because of the 'ugly'
one-piece cab design....

But the world is big enough for more opinions than just mine ....

Regards,

Ben