 Trains / 17803
17802  |  17804
Subject:
New Jersey Transit ALP 46 (New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:07:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes writes:
I took another look at the engine and realized it was very similar to the
new locomotives that New Jersey Transit (http://www.njtransit.com) recently
purchased.  A friend of mine (who works for NJT) sent me a picture of one
last week, but he did not give me any details about them - see
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bhayes/realtrains/njt4601.jpg

... a few Jack Stone sets and a little electrical tape ...
(my apoligies to Ben and Tom Cook for what to them may be an upsetting idea)

Bob

Hi Bob,

I remembered an article in a Dutch train magazine about the roll-out of that
loc. I scanned it and placed it here:

The text in short:
On October 18 2001 the ALP 46 for NJT was rolled-out at Bombardier in
Germany. It is based on the German 101 series loc. 24 will be build with an
option for 5 more. [Lot of technical jibbery which I don't undrstand in
Dutch and can't translate]. In november (2001) the trains will be shipped
(as in a ship) to the US. It's a Bo'Bo' loc and is 19498 mm long, 2950 mm
wide and 3804 high, has 4 motors, it can drive at 25 kV/60 Hz, 12,5 kV/60 Hz
and 12 kV/25 Hz with a maximum speed of 161 km/h (100 mph). French company
Alstrom will also build 33 diesel-electrich locs Prima for the NJT.

Jeroen