 Trains / 17813
Re: NSW class 40 locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:42:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
Based on the ALCO model RSC-3 road switcher, twenty of these were exported
to Australia in the early 1950's. Me being an ALCOphile and all, I really
loved the sleek lines of these 'tubs' as the RS-3's were nicknamed. Would
sure like to hear comments on this one!

Nice work. captures the look pretty well, although it's tough to get that
slanted cab upper, eh?

Rooting around on the proto site you linked, (good site!) I found these
beauties:

http://locopage.railpage.org.au/private/rr_cm408m.html

which have rather unique cabs. Would make a very interesting model. Given
their distinctive Uboat style radiators, it's hard to believe they are
rebuilds of these:

http://locopage.railpage.org.au/private/rr_c636.html

as the site says.

Thanks for sharing!