 Trains / 17824
17823  |  17825
Subject:
Pictures from Edinboro, PA train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 13:42:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Everybody

For those inpatient souls, here is the link to the pictures.

I have been a long time lurker here (since almost the beginning) and
have enjoyed all of the creations that have been shown.  I belong to an
HO train club in the small town of Girard, PA and the president of that
club runs a train show twice a year in another nearby small town.
These pictures are from my 6th appearance at that show.

I finally got a digital camera and am now able to get some pictures to share
with all of you.  Thanks for all of the inspiration over the last several
years.

Some highlights:

1st AFOL inspired MOC: The town hall

Our Home on the layout:  I built this little house at the show one year from
the extra pieces that I had brought with me.  My wife liked it so much that
she decided it was our house.  By the way, except for the Crane car set,
all of my trains were presents from her!

Feed Store:  My latest and most detailed MOC.  Inspired by the ever
increasing quality of the show displays and posts as well as an ad in
a train magazine for some models.

How do you display a pirate ship on a train layout?  It's easy!
Just create a pirate museum where the ship is part of the museum display.
(It also makes a nice stop for a commuter train!)

And a specific mention for Pierre Normandin for inspiration
(and directions) for these vehicles: