 Trains / 17789
Re: My Mathis re-creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:52:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Robert Powell writes:
Hello All,
I have built 2 of my favorite James Mathis creations, the White Pass & Yukon
locomotive and his Double stack cars.

<snip WP&Y loc>

I didn't change a thing with the double stack cars. I tried, but the design
was too good.

This design is a result of much discussion and brainstorming between Jake
McKee, Steve Barile, and myself.  Definitely a collaborative effort through
verbal descriptions and hand-gestures.  I know I incorporated many of their
ideas as well as some of my own.  Really cool group effort on this d-stack
model.

I may remove the buffers to make them more prototypical (and
to keep John Neal happy ;)) but nothing else. They work extremely well in
the 5-car configuration and navigate points with ease.

Excellent to see it modified and made unique.

Thanks for building these. Glad you like them.

later,
James Mathis