 Trains / 17772
17771  |  17773
Subject:
My Mathis re-creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:55:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello All,
I have built 2 of my favorite James Mathis creations, the White Pass & Yukon
locomotive and his Double stack cars.

Originals:

I had to make color changes to the WP&Y loc for obvious reasons and part
substitutions due to availability but I changed little else. I made 1 minor
structural change to the front wheel set to hold the 1x3 slopes on a little
better and added a train weight inside because the loc is very light.

I didn't change a thing with the double stack cars. I tried, but the design
was too good. I may remove the buffers to make them more prototypical (and
to keep John Neal happy ;)) but nothing else. They work extremely well in
the 5-car configuration and navigate points with ease.

Many thanks the James Mathis for posting these great models!

Robert Powell
SCLTC