 Trains / 17791
Re: My Mathis re-creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:27:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Robert Powell writes:
Hello All,
I have built 2 of my favorite James Mathis creations, the White Pass & Yukon
locomotive and his Double stack cars.

snip

I didn't change a thing with the double stack cars. I tried, but the design
was too good. I may remove the buffers to make them more prototypical (and
to keep John Neal happy ;)) but nothing else. They work extremely well in
the 5-car configuration and navigate points with ease.

Many thanks the James Mathis for posting these great models!

Robert Powell
SCLTC

I second this well deserved praise!  I built two sets of the double stack
cars and also found no where to improve on them!

Here's mine:

And a big thanks for Jake McKee's instruction portal for giving me easy
access to the instructions!

- Bob