 Trains / 15363 (-100)
  No big Deal: B-Unit for 10020 Super Chief

Hi all! I think I cannot be the first one to have built it, but the amout of postings made me giving up - usually I read everything at lugnet trains but the amout of postings during the last week was too much for my free time ... Anyway: maybe you (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib

(...) In fact it is! But Homa had a lot of work with collecting the bricks for his first Desert Express train. Later he had to collect every single brick once again to build a perfect copy of his first train. I think his free flight and travel on (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  I was wrong! Also, please see this James

(...) Oops.. I'm not. The little bag with the tile was still in the box... I'm actually 5841. James, please change my submission. I'm just a kid, anyway:-) John Kruer (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide State of the Art Advancement?

(...) THANK YOU!, I've tried it before, almost exactly that way, but it kept interfering with the turing radis... Let me go try again... Josh (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) <snip> Mamma Mia! There you trainheads go again... -Shiri XFUT .o-t.pun, and please don't kill me. ;-) Two posts to .train in one day! For shame! (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib

(...) And a giant sized LEGO HoMa posing above the real life Loco, to get the scale effect! :-P Pedro (very happy for HoMa's success) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  I Got # 27!

I got # 27! Its going to appear on the registry on their next update. As far as I know, its the lowest number. Pictures soon... Still building it. John Kruer (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) Also, wasn't that light actually red, as in the "red planet"? I know the Hiawatha Atlantics were retrofitted with red mars lites after they were taken out of mainline service. -John (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

Or you would say "running A-B-B-A". Now it appears to me that TLC was specifically modeling an F7 in the 300 class (nos. 300-316). If that is so, those particular Super Chiefs ran A-B-B... -John (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Unlimitted Santa Fe in about 2 weeks

Just got of the phone with someone from Lego. I had placed my order for 5 10020's, but they reduced it to three (they emial me to inform me of this, I placed the order online). This is now the max. units one can buy. According to the salesperson (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sante Fe Number

(...) John, You'll have to get your "mum" to actually open the sf box to see what the number is. Inside she'd find a small parts bag with two red 1x2 tiles, one will have the number. jt (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Is the word out? (Was Re: 10020 Registry opinion)

(...) Well if anything the SF registry will show us that we ("LUGNET members") are quite the minority in the LEGO market. I doubt we'd ever come close to having all 10,000 listed. I'd be surprised if we ever broke 2,000. And like you stated, a lot (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Sante Fe Number

My train has arrived, sort of, I'm in Italy and will be until April, so it will have to stay with my Mum in the UK till then, I've tried to get her to find the reference number, but she doesn't know where, can anyone tell me where the number can be (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  8 Wide State of the Art Advancement?

Scope these out: (URL) Milwaukee Road Geep has been seen before I think but the boxcars might be new (or else i missed them). I'm not sure I agree with the roof choices made but what I think is especially notworthy is the corner step below the grab (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: snip (...) I think that was the name of the manufacturer - the Mars Signal Light Company - Bob (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) That squares with my recollection. For whatever reason, the oscillating ones (which were designed to increase safety at grade crossings, IIRC) were sometimes called "Mars" lights. No idea why. ++Lar (who is kind of amazed at the trivia he's (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is the word out? (Was Re: 10020 Registry opinion)

(...) In hindsight: Too bad LEGO(R) didn't include a "registration card" in the Super Chief box to be sent back to LEGO for such a documentation record. But, perhaps LEGO already thought of this and deemed it too much work to keep track of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up (Santa Fe B-Unit)

(...) You could but 2 extra Chiefs to build 1 B-unit, as Sandy Kostow did (see (URL) ). But it is a great offer... Jeroen (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib

(...) One of the coolest events in fan MOC LEGO(R) train history! Congrats, HoMa. Looks like you had an awesome trip. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos from the trip. later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) yes that's true. the upper light is the only one that is lightable. (...) Not really, the lower light is on the SNOT part of the engine construction on a 1x2 center stud tile. (...) Actually, I believe the reverse is protptypical. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Is the word out? (Was Re: 10020 Registry opinion)

I agree with the rest of the people that have posted that the registry is a good idea but I wonder how many sets are NOT going to get 'registered' because a) people don't know about it (parent's who buy it for the kids, non-lego train collectors, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Ikuo Ozawa's pantograph

whilst browsing the random feature of brickshelf i happened upon this (URL) especialy like the pantograph, its not a method i've seen before (it might not be an original) but definatly one to be stored in my list odf useful techniques. The model (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New Cathedral MOC

Well, now that the PDX GATS is over and I've finished my taxes (YEAH!) I'm taking some time to do a long overdue update to my web page. The first installment of this update is a page with pictures of my new cathedral that went to LegoLand with the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) looks like it confirms my suspicion... that nose can only take one light! Is there any reasonable way to light both nose lights? What do the instructions show with regard to lights? What would be prototypical? Is the upper one a steady light (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib

(...) (Wow, I didn't even remember I had that word in my vocabulary. ;-) The only thing missing is a grey-haired + glasses minifig in the lego train. <grin> -Shiri (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) Leave a FEW, just blank out the part of the wall that has the sorting section.... (...) I'm not sure. I can't remember off hand. But since there is a US prototype for EVERYTHING, I think it's very possible that some had this (or else you could (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  HoMa and the Trans Namib

Is this a cool pic or what??? (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) Many thanks - I'll probably leave one side without windows, then. British TPOs used to have a mailbox on the side of the carriage for a late collection whilst waiting for departure from the terminus station. Was this the practice in the US (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up (Santa Fe B-Unit)

(...) If a Service Pack does come out I hope it includes the rounded top bricks (either has 2x3 bricks or has the 1x4x2 curved top bricks) in grey as those are hard to come by. Evidence: John's B doesn't have them and thus looks very "wrong". It (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

(...) My Santa Fe just arrived - it's number A3666. From the registry, it looks to be the first one with a '666' in it. The equivalent set <set:3666> is the Fabuland Service Station, btw. [::Turns to side camera::] Grreat. The numbers will remain in (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) striping on any of the passenger cars. Also note one car is a bit darker in color. Given that it is early in the consist it probably is a baggage or RPO or dormitory car. If it's an RPO or dorm it may be an ATSF heavyweight that is painted (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) Agreed. the interior is very likely asymmetric (I've seen plans of RPOs but can't give a cite right now, they were in published in Model Railroader). Notwithstanding that, there are certainly doors on both sides (in an area that doesn't have (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) At the moment I'm working on an RPO based on the image at this link. Does anyone know whether it would have had doors on both sides? I seem to recall that the British TPO (travelling post office) carriages were/are asymmetric. With all those (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

Here is a picture of a working SuperChief (2 A units and 2 B units) (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up (Santa Fe B-Unit)

(...) (URL) (A picture of A0001 Santa Fe and John's(?) B-Unit at BricksWest '02) I don't have the indexes up yet, so you can't browse the collection, but other images of the engine at the presentation are in a range from AUT10306 thru 10310. :-) -Z- (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10020 Registry opinion

(...) Sounds good. (...) Maybe just a comment field... one could comment on the intended "fate" of the set when one registers it. If for some reason one felt the need to change it, an email to you?? Hopefully not that high volume of changes. This (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Build Notes on 10020 - Santa Fe Super Chief

(...) Thanks to the few people who e-mailed me about this. I checked the shipping box again (which holds my unopened set) and lo and behold there were 2 packs of the aforementioned peices in there. I am still disappointed about the windows (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 Registry opinion

I'm working on an option to allow people that don't know their number to just check an box and not enter anything into the number field. Then they would show at the bottom of the list (the one that is sorted by number of course). As for allowing (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 Registry opinion

"Rob Hendrix" <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gs2DoJ.27n@lugnet.com... (...) I agee fully. He should be at the bottom. I'd also like to see the status. Where the set is together or in box or permently parted out... Dean (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  10020 Registry opinion

I'm not complaining because I'm not on top, but I was thinking that: A???? (unopened) Craig Squier 2/23/2002 North Carolina United States should be on the bottom. Sure he could have #5 for all we know, but we don't. He could have #10000. He has his (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gs1w3z.5vE@lugnet.com... (...) USPS. (...) edition. They didn't give me a choice on delivery service. We usually end up with USPS by default. My limited edition sets arrived by USPS (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

I ordered two on Friday the 15th, along with a Deluxe Metro Liner Kit. Got the Metroliner Wednsday, called S@H friday and inquired about the Super Chiefs, they said they shipped that day, and I received them Saturday via USPS. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

(...) Jim, Call Lego and get the UPS tracking number, then plug it in at www.ups.com and see where your shipment is. I called Lego on Thursday, the day after I ordered a pair of 10020s and got my tracking number. According to UPS my package is about (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

Guess I spoke too soon. Checked the box this morning, and everything was there; light kit and both Super Chiefs. I guess they all shipped when the light kit was shipped Wednesday. I live in Georgia, so it looks like the Post office came through at 3 (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

Thanks for the clarification. I think that my reading of the original message was incorrect. K Eilers (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

"crunch-o-matic" <naughty.monkey@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Gs21st.JA3@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) FWIW - you can't order just train wheels any more, you have to order the wagon plate kit. Depending on what you want, it can be more (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

Well, normaly UPS from CT to IL should be 3 days. They scan it in at any stop along the way. So if you count 1 or 2 to pack and ship 3 days to deliver, omitting Sat and Sun (Sat because it isn't overnight) I should have got them on Fri. I'm begining (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

"Rob Hendrix" <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gs0DvF.Av7@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) I've been doing that for some time. For example, my 4561 has unique numbers because I cut up the stickers. On my My Own Train, my number is 313. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

(...) My order person forced me to use UPS even though I strongly requested USPS. I was told there is a concern with tracking since this is a limited edition. (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I Joined the Navy...

(...) Hey, lol, I just joined the USMC (Thats United State Marine Corps) yesterday, Feb 23rd! I leave for Boot Camp September 10th... I guess I'll make up during the summer to get on that list again! Josh (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

I am a purist in a sense, but I dislike Lego stickers all together. I had to put some on this model, but I wanted to be "different". I still have my limited edition. numbers intact in the original packaging. I hacked up the ones that came with the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) This ref has been posted a bunch of times now, and I agree it's great. But I've got to go dig up a different one to get a contrasting view. This link shows the coaches have no stripes at all, like I said earlier in the thread. ++Lar (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

I ordered mine on the 16th and I haven't got them yet. The lady at s@h had no idea these were even in the system. I asked to "preorder" a pair and she was confused. I explained to her that I knew they weren't shipping yet and I wanted to pay for (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:Gs0o3n.A3p@lugnet.com... (...) than (...) to a (...) A4558 or (...) them is (...) Bricks (...) I have a 6027 Bat Lord's Catapult regards lawrence (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) I disagree. What I see there is some grey below all the stripes, so I think Wayne's coaches look a bit better than the 10020. The black is just outlining above and below the stripes, and to me the red and yellow look nearer the same size than (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

This is an excellent link. I imagine some other person has brought this to our attention before. It certainly helps to look at what they really were. Imagination is the name of the game, however realism is very cool as well. K Eilers (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

Rob - Great idea on the numbering. This sounds like it would fit well with the trains. I think that all things like this should be named (or numbered in this case). My favorite set, Croc is something I never came upon. And if you don't mind I am (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

Rob - That is a great idea. However, will you still be able to keep the original number in tact? As a reforming purist, this makes me a touch edgy. When mine arrive they will be built in due time and retain their markings. My thought was to do it (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) On this page (URL) it shows a black stripe above the yellow. It also looks like the red line is about the same width as the yellow & black combined, so maybe you could use the red bases (2 plates high) with one plate each of yellow & black. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) John, This is one I totally have to disagree on for several reasons. 1st and most important being my silly scale Method, I'm not up to speed exactly on scaled down cars like Larry and friends however the 6*28 plates are just to short. I'm (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) Okay, so where does the Black stripe go -- on the bottom or in between the other colors? I did not place my S@H order until late this past week, so I am still waiting for delivery of my 10020's. Since I had Trains on my mind, I ordered almost (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  "P" class locomotive

Hi all. Here's the second in my line of Aussie locomotives. (URL) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) If you're willing to cut up long straights, that is. I'd prefer to get them from Lego(r). (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) A better idea in my view would be to build the locomotives withOUT the bases. The red and yellow stripes should be the same width. (technically there should be a black one as well...) Using those red bases messes that up. (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

Weoird, but cool. My 354 was a set from 1972, the year I was born. Not really excited about the content, but at least its "town". My other number (94) was from a set which didnt have much info attached to it. But the picture was cool. -Rob "Mike (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

I ordered two Saturday morning and they arrived today, one week later. We live in Idaho. Our sets came USPS. Rose "George Notel" <lego@notelin.com> wrote in message news:Gs0nL7.955@lugnet.com... (...) about (...) today, (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

(...) I ordered mine on 2/17/02 with some other items, everything arrived but the 10020. It's making me wonder if it got back ordered for real, or the USPS is working at normal speed. Daniel #574 (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe Numbers

After I received my Santa Fe sets yesterday I was thinking about the numbers. Sure it would be nice to have a really low number (like less than 10) but it would also be pretty neat to have a number that corresponds to a classic or favorite LEGO set. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: No. A0001 has been registred (Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry)

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:Gs08E2.KL3@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) HTML (...) (4.78). (...) [ ... snipped ... ] While I can see the registry now, I am unable to complete the registration page. It errors out on (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Super Chief orders and arrivals

I ordered two Super Chiefs Sunday night along with a light package. I received an email saying the light set shipped Wednesday, but nothing about the shipment of the Super Chiefs. I'm curious to know when people ordered and when they received their (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Build Notes on 10020 - Santa Fe Super Chief

(...) have you double checked the packaging? (hope you haven't chucked it out!) There should be an extra bag in there (not in the 10020 box) with the correct parts (and it should be mentioned on the packing slip/invoice) If not, phone S@H to get it (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Build Notes on 10020 - Santa Fe Super Chief

A couple things I noticed about the Super Chief: 1) You gotta open the package to see what your number is. Also the certificate is un-numbered, so not really too much like a real collectable. 2) The hand rails are not colored red for the front and (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

Wayne, I love the passenger cars. I just have one suggestion. The red in the stripe doesn't quite fit the engine. Using the 6 by 28 train bases, still at S@H for $3, (URL) widen the stripe. Hope to see them in person soon. -John Rudy (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My Sante Fe 10020

I will not be taking my numbers out of their packaging, and I didn't want to have the same numbers on my engine as everyone else (301 or 27). Here is what I came up with after doing a little cutting on the stickers from the 10020: (URL) guess thats (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

Thanks Larry, Funny thing is I can't agree you more on the trucks. the first run had two spaces but I removed them to add in the ladders, I am going to remove the ladders and put in the spacing, I didn't really want to put the trucks together like (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry

(...) This fix worked for me, I'm able to see the site again at link: (URL) instead of a blank page. Thank you. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs arrived today (lowest number yet)

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:Gs04xL.CC2@lugnet.com... (...) away. (...) Yes you do. The numbered tiles are inside a small plastic bag inside the box. (...) [ .... snipped ... ] There are worse problems to have ... ;-) Mike -- Mike (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:Gs04xM.CCJ@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) so (...) I got an error message from IE (6) and a blank screen from Netscape (4.78). I can see the new version now with no problem. Mike -- Mike (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

Yes Rose, you do have to open the box(es) to see what the number is. There is a plastic package inside with the numbered tile, a Lego tile, and certificate. -Rob "r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:Gs04xL.CC2@lugnet.com... (...) away. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs arrived today (lowest number yet)

My two SF trains arrived today. Do I have to open the box to see the numbers? they are my Mothers day present and that is such a long ways away. Lets see I got two Club cars for my birthday and three train cars for Christmas. At the rate Lego is (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: No. A0001 has been registred (Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry)

Do you get an error message Mike, or just a blank screen? I've removed the frame that points over to my free IIS and have been generating the table and the pasting it in the HTML source, so the registry right now is pure HTML so basicly any browser (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) techincally the coaches used in the Super Chief(tm) trains were unstriped. I think my biggest feedback item on your coaches is: make the trucks bigger. Put a brick or two space, at least, between the two wheelsets. I know that Metroliner (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs arrived today (lowest number yet)

Hello, Mine arrived today too, but I only have number A2489 :( Oh well, it's still a great set! Kevin McMillin (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Adding the SF Coaches...

I wasn't sure when I would get my Chief but, while waiting I started working on the Chief's coaches.. Much to my suprise I found I got my Chief Today, Yeppie, what was even cooler was my estimated stripe (red/yellow for coaches) lined up. Only thing (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Idea for station

Hi, My son and i went to Antwerpen Centraal today ( (URL) )and they have some big plans there. Antwerpen Centraal is a very old and beautiful end station (kopstation in Dutch) which had 8 or 10 tracks. They are now building two (2!) layers of tracks (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs arrived today (lowest number yet)

Congratulations! But...I just received mine and I have A0354 (pretty close to my Lugnet membership number 377; maybe somenody will swap with me) and A0094. I believe this is the current low number, but I haven't checked the registry yet. Play well, (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Super Chiefs arrived today (lowest number yet)

Two Super Chief engines arrived for me today. One of them my mom ordered for me and had it shipped as an early birthday present. A7381 & A0168 A0168 was the one my mom ordered. Thanks Mom! -c (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC pictures of GATS 2002 in Portland are up

While everyone else was having fun at BricksWest, those from the Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club who couldn't make it put up a display at the Great American Train Show in Portland, Oregon. It was completely unlike any show PNLTC has put on before, (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Metroliner question

(...) Assuming you mean Toronto, they don't any more, and haven't for 6(?) or more years. I can remember seeing the Edmonton busses arriving at Hillcrest yard, just before they got stupid and deenergized the system (yes, I do know that it was hard (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metroliner question

(...) in part true. Mostly because of transformers rasing voltage/reducing amps for same HP/wattage. (that's why long distance power cables are at 500 KV or even 750 KV, because it allows low amp power supply of massive amounts of power-the amps (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry

(...) That fits the TLC definition of "not available in any store"... they don't count their own retail (outlets, imagination centers, park stores)... So this isn't news, really. Guarded Inn is "not available in any store" either. (note my use of (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The wonderful Blacksmith Shop: Open Letter to Dan

Hi Paul! Thanks for your kind words! I've actually had several arguments about the color scheme on this kit, both before and after it's release, and I'm glad I have someone on my side here! As for Lego making 20 more sets like this, you should write (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry

<snip> (...) Larry, I believe that the Santa Fe trains might be coming to the Lego stores, so keep your eyes peeled... Scott Lyttle (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 limited to 10000 sets or not?

(...) [Slowly raises hand] It was a long time ago, okay? Over a year and a half. I didn't have any track or 9V wheels either: (URL) Larry knows this because he was there. Look on the link to Huw's photos. All the effort went into the walking AT-AT (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry

(...) I noticed that too. Without the "A", it does not appaer in it's correct place in the list. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

"M. Moolhuysen" <moom@nospam-chello.nl> wrote in message news:GrzCMv.IoH@lugnet.com... (...) Fe (...) I could see it yesterday when I was at work but I can't see it from home (same computer, a laptop I haul back and forth). I can however see the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry

Hello James, I've seen that Martijn de Lange from The Netherlands registered his Santa Fe Super Chief as number 3857, so without a leading A. Has he made a mistake, or are there realy numbers without a alphabetic character? I use MS Internet (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Trolley car vs. Interurban

<snip> One thing I glossed over is the disctinction between a trolley car and an interurban. While there are always exceptions, check out this pic (URL) car on the left is more typical of a trolley car which tended not to venture out too far away (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metroliner question

(...) VERY common. Midsized cities such as Utica had "made it" if they had a trolley line, or an interurban if you prefer. Google for Interurban. For example, it was possible to ride across vast swaths of the US on streetcars/interurbans if you were (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metroliner question

(...) (Schulyer Street). I don't believe they will ever be removed as they likely remain as historical and may be preserved as such. No street cars have run in Utica for many decades. When they did operate, the trolleys served many outlying towns (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact