 Trains / 15311
Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:44:10 GMT

I ordered mine on the 16th and I haven't got them yet. The lady at s@h had
no idea these were even in the system. I asked to "preorder" a pair and she
was confused. I explained to her that I knew they weren't shipping yet and I
wanted to pay for them now and when they arrive 2 get shipped to me. I guess
s@h doesn't get a lot of "preorders". When she put in the info the Super
Chiefs went to back order until the 19th. I'm in Illinois, I picked UPS. I'm
hoping for Monday. I haven't got an email saying it shipped though. I'll
just cross my fingers.

Has anyone been bugged by the corner of the windshield not matching width
with the curved bricks? It kinda looks like it just sticks out there in the
pictures. I was thinking of adding a couple of plates height at the top. I
think the corner of the windshield will now be at the bottom of the curved
brick. I don't know what i'm going to do for the side windows. I may have to
add 1 to 3 plates at the top and subtract them 1-3 somewhere in the body. I
don't think adding 1 plate will make it too top heavy but a whole brick in
height will surely ruin its look.

In lugnet.trains, Rose Regner writes:
I ordered two Saturday morning and they arrived today, one week later. We
live in Idaho.

Our sets came USPS.

Rose