 Trains / 15335
Re: transcript is up (Santa Fe B-Unit)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:47:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David K. Z. Harris writes:
In lugnet.trains, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford writes:
I got the impression that a service pack would be offered to convert the
"engine" into a car but the transcript talks about b-units (which I assume
is a tail engine). I'm not sure why we need a service pack to do that -
was it/is it different?

   http://www.baylug.org/fests/brickswest-01/AUT10342.JPG

(A picture of A0001 Santa Fe and John's(?) B-Unit at BricksWest '02)

I don't have the indexes up yet, so you can't browse the collection,
but other images of the engine at the presentation are in a range
from AUT10306 thru 10310. :-)

If a Service Pack does come out I hope it includes the rounded top bricks
(either has 2x3 bricks or has the 1x4x2 curved top bricks) in grey as those
are hard to come by.

Evidence: John's B doesn't have them and thus looks very "wrong". It looks
like something else entirely, not like something that was built to a similar
design.