 Trains / 15151
Re: transcript is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:56:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera writes:

I'm also uploading images of the prize table and a bunch of other stuff.
There are some close ups of the Santa Fe for you train lovers....

-Ahui

- snip -

First of all, thanks for posting the transcript.

I've been whining lately about not being able to buy a 3033 Blue Tub, so it
was interesting to see some comments about the tubs and buckets.  I'm not
sure that I believe the claim that LEGO does not make money on those items,
but I guess that's a debate in of itself.

What I thought was really interesting is that the buckets and tubs are
considered "black Friday" items.  The other day at Wal*Mart, I was checking
the clearance aisle and there were some small bucket sets discounted to $4.
The tag read: "Black Friday Small Bucket $4"  I wondered why it was labeled
that way, but now I know.  (If anyone wants to see the label, I swiped it
and would be happy to upload a scan.)

Cheers,
Bryan