 Trains / 15331
Re: Adding the SF Coaches...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:39:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.trains, Kevin Salm writes:

A better idea in my view would be to build the locomotives withOUT the
bases. The red and yellow stripes should be the same width. (technically
there should be a black one as well...) Using those red bases messes that up.

Okay, so where does the Black stripe go -- on the bottom or in between the
other colors?

On this page
http://www.midwestnpioneer.org/timetable/fallenflags/superchief.html it
shows a black stripe above the yellow. It also looks like the red line is
about the same width as the yellow & black combined, so maybe you could use
the red bases (2 plates high) with one plate each of yellow & black.
Wouldn't match the loco, though, unless you modify that too.

This ref has been posted a bunch of times now, and I agree it's great. But
I've got to go dig up a different one to get a contrasting view. This link
shows the coaches have no stripes at all, like I said earlier in the thread.

++Lar

At the moment I'm working on an RPO based on the image at this link. Does
anyone know whether it would have had doors on both sides? I seem to recall
that the British TPO (travelling post office) carriages were/are asymmetric.
With all those windows on the visible side, it is hard to figure how they
could have contained a sorting frame unless the other side was window-less.

Chris