 Trains / *9969 (-100)
  Re: Union Pacific GP-15 by Brian Stokes

(...) I also agree with Larry, and the steering wheel is actually the parking brake wheel (to prevent runaways on sidings and in hump yards). For those who are into the technical aspects of EMD's GP-15 model, here they are (this is something I love (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Union Pacific GP-15 by Brian Stokes

(...) Same for me. I like it. I agree with everything Larry said. The one thing I wonder about is the steering wheel in the nose hood. Thanks for sharing that cool model! Chris (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lightweight show tables

The main reason for the 5/8 was so that I could attach folding metal legs to the bottom. I did the bolt on legs for a year and they just got to be too much. They took to long to set up and tear down, plus they ate up a ton of space in the van. I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Pacific GP-15 by Brian Stokes

(...) I think I like it! There are some very nice touches here. How well do the trucks swivel, and do you have trouble with those body mounted couplers not adhering to truck mounted couplers on cars being pulled? I'm not sure what to think of the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Canadian Trains in Berkeley? Mooo!

(...) can come without using stickers or tape, I expect. I think there's merit in spacing the windows farther apart the way you do (I tend to go with them tight). The flag containers, were those at the PNLTC GBoWR show? ++Lar (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lightweight show tables

(...) layout that resides in his living room. I don't think the foam will stand (...) crack 1" foam by putting too much weight on it. It's _very_ easy to put a hand through 1/4" beadboard, especially when one falls, and the layout ends up under you (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Trains in Berkeley? Mooo!

(...) They are definitely longer than mine :)/ I've fired off my stuff to Steve, including the FP loco. I didn't get to fitting a fuel tank to it (I haven't yet come up with a good way to make one...), but it was finished apart from that. It too (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Union Pacific GP-15 by Brian Stokes

(Brian Stokes is posting this message using Brad's computer) This is a GP-15 in the Union Pacific color scheme. You can find pictures on Brickshelf on the link below. (URL) was built around a month ago and took about 5 hours. A neat aspect of the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) Also, I loved your pictures of the LRC. Those are awesome shots! I've always thought the LRC is North America's most aesthetically pleasing train. The nose is so wonderful! I really wonder if it would translate well into LEGO. Don't forget to (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Article from Tommorow' < Warning Speculative!!>

(...) at: (URL) their homepage, click on "Get Started Now"-link in the top-right corner of this page. Read the page you are transferred to obtain some background information, then proceed by clicking the "New User"-link at the bottom of the page, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) I too have made a lego VIA model (engine only ) (URL) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lightweight show tables

(...) Compression should be minimal unless you manage to create a fairly concentrated force. Using baseplates on top would eliminate most of the possibilities of the LEGO causing localized damage. (...) They look about the same to me. On the other (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lightweight show tables

(...) Yes, you do need quite a bit of force to break it but it could happen, especially at a show situation. Another issue I ahve with foam is that it could be crushed/compressed making it a poor building surface. (...) dense blue (or was it pink- (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lightweight show tables

(...) For the curious, I'll wander by the foam plant on Monday, and see if I can grab a spec sheet on Dowboard. I know they measure for torsional stress tolerances, and horizontal shearing strength, and other technical terms. :) James (there are (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lightweight show tables

(...) I think you have to work pretty hard to break it, though perhaps the 3 layers of 1/2" foam is significantly stronger (there is glue between the layers which might serve to strengthen it somewhat). My tables have had QUITE a bit of abuse and I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lightweight show tables

(...) 5/8" is WAY thicker than you need, and particle board is heavier than plywood. The 3/8" that PNLTC specs is probably a good choice, though 1/4" is thick enough also. Frank (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Article from Tommorow' < Warning Speculative!!>

(...) Where can I get LDraw ???? Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:G7spqq.H3E@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks. (...) of (...) I'll admit, I did use some reference from a book titled "The Way Things Work"(I honestly don't know if it's still being published, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lightweight show tables

(...) I have built a table similar to the one you describe for my dad's N-scale layout that resides in his living room. I don't think the foam will stand up to the abuse put forth by building with lego on it. It's pretty easy to crack 1" foam by (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

"Doug Pegram" <DPegram@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:G7twMo.Cu5@lugnet.com... (...) FRED! Flashing Rear End Device. Maybe that's just a Canadian thing, though... I prefer FRED to "EOT". :) Iain (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) On freight trains in the US(specifically the FEC RR and probably others) they use an "End of Train" device that appears to onlookers as a small box with a slow flashing strobe light, although how you would configure the flash is beyond me. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>

<Warning!! This post contains speculative musings on possible new products. These are enclosed by <FUTURE></FUTURE> tags..> (...) <FUTURE> One of the 'technical' differences between Marklin's system and Lego Mindstroms that the joint design tema had (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>

(...) Re-Read what was said in the orignal message!! (...) <FUTURE> So Hopefully The only thing that will need changing on exsiting non DCC-layouts is the pointwork although A question put through to the Ask TLG? service ('Will you be working on (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lightweight show tables

Currently our tables are made with 5/8 particle board tops and are about 3'x6'. We recently did a show for the Atlanta History Center and had to carry these beast up two flights of stairs to the room where we were displaying. I tell you after that (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone motorized the monorail station tracks?

(...) Ludo Soete has put together some designs of this at his web page: (URL) well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Mike Horvath" <mikehorvath@juno.com> wrote in message news:G7t6F7.58v@lugnet.com... (...) Hi Mike - Unfortunately, LDraw in its original format is not going to get updated. The reason is the original files are the property of the Jessiman family, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 'Article from Tommorow' < Warning Speculative!!>

(...) Yeah, I still prefer using the original version of LDraw. MLCad uses too many of my system resources. I wish someone would update LDraw!!! Mike (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lightweight show tables

(...) The table I built for an HO train layout used this kind of foam board. I built a frame out of 1x3 lumber. The top was anywhere from 2-4 1/2" layers of foam (I couldn't get the 1" thick material it would be a little stronger). My table was (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lightweight show tables

(...) I don't know about the foam material you mentioned, but at home for my trains I use 1" thick corrigated cardboard sheets (aprox 3' x 6') that sit on square wood supports. This material was sold by Charrette, the design supplier, for use by (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>

(...) Even if LEGO should develop a DCC system with kids in mind, it's far better to control more than one engine and a few points (turnouts) than none at all. We must be grateful for what we do receive, in my opinion. -Harvey (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Lightweight show tables

I don't know about other groups but the biggest pain for me with our club is the loading/unloading of the heavy tables. Recently there has been some talk on my local NMRA discussion group about lightweight foam top tables (Styrofoam --EXTRUDED foam (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  MOCs: Steam Locomotive

Hey all, I just finished uploading some new and modified train creations of mine. 1) I finally got the parts I need to make my GG-1 electric engine completely red. I also made some modifications that some people suggested. (URL) some new spare parts (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) vote on which is the better VIA train (since JamesP is sending his also.) The only two VIA LEGO trains I've ever seen anywhere - BOTH at Canada's largest model train show. This is getting exciting. I just hope the weather is as nice in three (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Canadian Trains in Berkeley? Mooo!

(Sorry, SF Bay Area folks, or BA ex-patriots will get the reference. It's from an old milk commercial. ;-) So, my vacation last year (OCT 2000) took me through a bunch of Canada, riding the VIA train #001 "The Canadian", but I also took a bunch of (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Has anyone motorized the monorail station tracks?

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:G7sn2K.Aun@lugnet.com... (...) I *did* try doing this about a month ago... I mounted a 2x2 cylindrical brick with axle hole on top of the direction-changing element/track piece. Then, I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

(...) The reflector lets you "beam" light directly at the sensor, I'm not sure how well it will work without it. You can get one in the (URL) 3801 Ultimate Accessory Set They also are in the Studio Movie sets... Time Twisters etc... I've got a few (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

"Adrian Egli" <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:G7sLr2.7Ky@lugnet.com... (...) First off - Adrian, cool stuff! I saw it on Brickshelf before you posted. Kidvention II - I've heard nothing about it so far, but someone at Shows & Events is (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

That's really nice. I've made attempts at train bridges before, but never been very successful. Out of curiosity, did you copy a real bridge design, or did you design it yourself? I'm especially interested in the double-spiral on the one side of the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Back in Stock!

They had tons of track at the LEGO Imagination center at Disneyland. (URL) Carnell <carnellm@palmettobug.com> wrote in message news:9032C9B52carnel....63.236... (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Has anyone motorized the monorail station tracks?

Hi, I just aquired some monorail parts and I'm wondering about remotely controlling the station points. It seems like you could mount a micro-motor to the station point to get it to remotely turn. It seems like an even cooler idea would be to pair (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Holger Matthes" <matthes@fh-aachen.de> wrote in message news:G7sEvH.Asy@lugnet.com... (...) in the (...) Thanks! The larger ramp(outer) is the uphill one. I thought by making a longer travel, it would be easier on the motor. And the inner is (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

"Stephen F Roberts" <wubwub@wildlink.com> wrote in message news:gdh37tshbegikv2...4ax.com... (...) YES!!! (...) image (...) post (...) "seview.jpg" (...) I should. One other thing I've thought about doing with my digicam is create an animated (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) In the US they only need headlights Josh (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

Hi Adrian, that all is great!! I needed a while to sort out which way the trains go in the spiral! It's very compact build to reach an enourmous hight! And the pictures showing the bridge and the harbour are just beautiful! That'S what LEGO should (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

(...) ...Beautiful! You've got to make a mpg of a train going around the "seview.jpg" spiral! Excellent beam design on the bridge and under track trusses. --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat www.wildlink.com <-- (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

After long delays, very annoying ones : { but I finally got it built! YES!!! and it works! You can check it out at (URL) I had a TD 2.0 image up of the original plan but I made a lot of revisions and I'll try to post the revised plan up soon. Your (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>

(...) Why not post these things to lugnet.dear-lego if you want LEGO to look at the ideas? ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>

(...) though..> [snip alot] Nice ideas, but not too probable since Lego uses 9V direct current and Märklin always used alternating current... I think there would be no advantage for these two companies to develop a new dcc system. If Lego ever does (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>

(...) The cool thing is that if done right, you will still be able to use all your track. Your existing turnouts will need to be manual, and you may need to rig jumpers for some layouts to provide continuous power to the whole layout, but everything (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>

Hum... I trully trully trully hope this never happens. Don't get me wrong I the idea is great but I've already invested too much in 9V track and switches to have to reinvest in more track again. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>

<WARNING This post contain sepculative ideas on new products.. It should not be regarded as fact. Hopefully TLC/TLG might listen to the ideas in it though..> " (...) Well According to the Brickshelf scans of the Fall-2002 preview catlouge, the new (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Place to purchase discontinued sets?

(In my best Montgomery Burns voice) Excellent! Steven Barile wrote in message ... (...) finished...I (...) clear (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

Do you know that plastic silver reflector's part number or official name? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) I was under the impression that white light(s) at the front of a train and red light(s) at the rear were a legal requirement, at least in the UK if not the rest of the world. In fact, I've been on one isolated private restored line that just (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) What kind of engine's have tail lights? I'm aware of some light rail/passenger type trains with white and red lights on both ends, to run either way, but I haven't seen different colored lights on engines other then marker lights which aren't (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO element fonts

(...) Better yet, use the 'Small Fonts' font in Windows, then pick the point size for the height of letters required in pixels. 'Small Fonts' is actually a set of custom-designed fonts at precise pixel heights, unlike the True-Type fonts (e.g. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO element fonts

I think you can study from dot metric LED, for example, 5x7 dot metrics, basically use 1x1 bricks, maybe use 1x2 sloped bricks in corner, so that you got the same size letters. Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

I thought is made by metal. Anyway, is it possible if you don't use it, I mean if the light sensor is still activable? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) Use basic bricks/plates and lay them on their side. Obviously this works best if your layout has "depth", i.e. isn't just baseplates on plywood. The advantage is that you can put in your own center/edge lines, crosswalks, handicapped parking (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

(...) Metal Condenser??? If you mean the plastic silver reflectors, yes I used those. OTher then that it was just a 9v power source. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) I would just use a DUEL LED for that. A RED/YELLOW if I can find one. I couldn't find anyplace that had clear LED's where I am. I picked up YELLOW instead. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) But (...) But it has another advantage - if you use one red & one clear (white) at each end, you can have automatic head / tail lights on your engine. ROSCO (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) Yes, that would work, I've used that several times like in my Road Crossing. But two LED's gets bulky. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) Nope. I've got your track and Z'nap bridge, though. Steve (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) LED (...) Or use two LEDs in parallel, with opposite polarity. ROSCO (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ballast

(...) Check out Matt's Train Depot for more ideas on how to do this. The 2x2 turntables work quite well, the GMLTC uses them whenever possible. (URL) GMLTC (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ballast

Here's possibly another good (IMO) reason for ballasting: using tiles and occasional 1x1's, you should be able to fasten down curve tracks. Even on "plywood and baseplates" setups. Hmm, I'll have to play around with this... Steve (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train set parts content

(...) They are quite expensive though. 3225 might be better value, especially if you can find a discounted one. (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Train set parts content

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:G7oC6H.982@lugnet.com... (...) along (...) I have a few new motors split from 4560 - £10 each all in. LMK? Jono.oO (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Automated 9V Switch/Points

(...) I don't think so... (...) I think I found a possible explanation for why It didn't work for you guys. It has something to do with the way you connect the 1 x 4 Liftarm to the switch. Look at this: (URL) tried this at home and when I connect (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Train set parts content

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:G7oC6H.982@lugnet.com... (...) along (...) Your best bet is to go for the train chassis pack available from S@H. Huw (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Train set parts content

(...) [snip] (...) 3225 is in fact not up at brickshelf, but these sets you can try instead: ftp://www.hobby.nl/a.../3000/3225 nearly all other missing instructions can be found there too: (URL) a bookmark!!) Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) How *DO* other groups handle parking? Do you make parking lots? I didn't do the drive-thru for my McDonald's because I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on just tiles. So what do people use? Peter (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train set parts content

(...) Thanks for the quick reply. I tried Brickshelf, but there weren't any instructions up there for these sets. I just wanted to check that they come apart for spares. Jason. (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated 9V Switch/Points

I notice that there is a Force (or Power, Resistence...) rating on the side the white gear. Are they all the same or has LEGO made different ones? When I tried using the white gear (in many different configs) I could never get the gear to throw the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Train set parts content

Jason J. Railton <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:G7oC6H.982@lugnet.com... (...) along (...) that (...) That is correct. (...) wheel (...) Yes, the wheels are one "brick", as well as the couplers. Take a look at www.brickshelf.com, you (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) I've been working on this myself. I use an LED with a 220 OHM resistor. It seems to work fine. Make sure you have a circuit to adjust the DC to always send the + into the LED the right way. As far as power brightness, if you have the same luck (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train set parts content

I've got some questions about some train sets I'm thinking about buying, seeing as there doesn't seem to be much chance of any new stuff coming along in the near future. 1. The 3225 Classic Train - I know there's no track, but I'm guessing that (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Automated 9V Switch/Points

(...) Yep! There you go! Wessel (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated 9V Switch/Points

(...) Nope, I've made no modifications to any parts... It would be like cutting my own flesh! (...) Hmmm... I haven't experienced this problem (yet). I used a relatively new/unused white gear so perhaps mine doesn't slip too easily? A problem that (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated 9V Switch/Points

(...) is it this piece? (URL) Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750 <set:2452_1>: Choo Choo Train (LEGO/DUPLO/Train), '93, 2 figs (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated 9V Switch/Points

(...) I got mine from the 8479 Barcode Multi-set. I think there is a similar one, in red, in the 5533 Red Fury Model Team set. cheers, Wessel (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) thanks ... the obvious often eludes me. sheree (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Back in Stock!

Yes! I just got an email saying my deluxe track kit that was on back-order has been shipped. Kevin (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Place to purchase discontinued sets?

(...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated 9V Switch/Points

Could you tell me the part number of 4x6 special plate in your instructions? Which set include it? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Place to purchase discontinued sets?

(...) [ snip ] (...) I think you're still missing the Flux Capacitor... :) Kim (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Aaron West" <maniac@netwebb.com> wrote in message news:G7n5pB.IIK@lugnet.com... (...) There are a few on BrickBay as well - (URL) Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Users Group (URL) - Carolina Train Builders (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Place to purchase discontinued sets?

Aaron West wrote in message ... (...) Yeah, I've bought a couple of sets on EBay already. I was hoping to find some secret magical store where the Metroliner doesn't cost an arm and a leg. However, my time machine made completely of LEGO is just (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ballast

(...) I actually tried that- my wife was watching and said NO! :) -chris (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Place to purchase discontinued sets?

(...) I would first check out the Lego section on eBay or Brickbay. Or others like them the Shopping section. Ebay has over 100 Lego train sets and you have a good chance of finding what you want. But thing thing is the prices, it may be hard to get (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Place to purchase discontinued sets?

(...) ebay.com The prices are steep, but everyone seems to want 'em. Or you could invent a time machine, but that is hard. Aaron :o) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Track Back in Stock!

I have been watching and waiting and now... 9v train track is now in stock at shop-at-home (shop.lego.com)! Just ordered some. Looks like the drought may finally be over! ---...--- Michael Carnell - carnellm@palmettobug.com (URL) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Best Place to purchase discontinued sets?

What is the best place to purchase discontinued lego train set? (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

PDX are the call letters for the Portland International Airport. Thus, here, Steve is using PDX to refer to the Portland GATS. Kim PNLTC (Where the P stands for Pacific, not PDX :) (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Red Railings

(...) If your referring to this part... (URL) there are two in brown in Desert Skiff. Ray l#124 (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) Wow . . . These buildings really hook a viewer. The marquees are very impressive both the idea and the actual construction. Now you just need a place for the mobs to park. [and a crash in the lot...] Looking forward to the "More" ... maybe a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Smaller train event

Hi all! I have been off for some time, but now I am back. I have got a new job, where I cannot access the internet that easy, therefore I have (finally) got online at home. Well; as a part of cleaning and cheking my stuff, I invited some friends (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

You can just use the same type of connector that you connect the power supply to the track with. Of course your light is going to vary in brightness due to the fact that the power level is going to depend on the speed of the train traveling on the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Tapping into the Track's electricity

Is there anyway to tap in to the electricity from the train tracks to light an LED? (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact