 Trains / 9401
Re: Has anyone motorized the monorail station tracks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:55:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brad Hamilton writes:
Hi,

I just aquired some monorail parts and I'm wondering about remotely
controlling the station points.

It seems like you could mount a micro-motor to the station point to get it
to remotely turn.

It seems like an even cooler idea would be to pair that with a rotation or
touch sensor plus a mindstorms unit to automatically have the monorail
start/stop at the station.

Has anyone done this?

Has anyone posted designs or pictures of something like this?

thanks

Ludo Soete has put together some designs of this at his web page:
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Glade/5192/mono.htm

Motorize well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm