 Trains / 9386
9385  |  9387
Subject:
Has anyone motorized the monorail station tracks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 23:35:36 GMT

Hi,

I just aquired some monorail parts and I'm wondering about remotely
controlling the station points.

It seems like you could mount a micro-motor to the station point to get it
to remotely turn.

It seems like an even cooler idea would be to pair that with a rotation or
touch sensor plus a mindstorms unit to automatically have the monorail
start/stop at the station.

Has anyone done this?

Has anyone posted designs or pictures of something like this?

thanks