 Trains / 9350
Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:05:06 GMT

"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

You can just use the same type of connector that you connect the power
supply to the track with. Of course your light is going to vary in
brightness due to the fact that the power level is going to depend on the
speed of the train traveling on the tracks.

Also I would be sure that the LED can handle 9volts..

I've been working on this myself. I use an LED with a 220 OHM resistor. It seems
to work fine.
Make sure you have a circuit to adjust the DC to always send the + into the LED
the right way.

As far as power brightness, if you have the same luck as I, you'll find that
even on the lowest setting it's pretty bright. LED's don't work the same way as
bulbs.  I've been building LED replacements for the standard Bulb. This should
solve my "When the Trains are on the most realistic setting (Level 1) the lights
don't even show..."

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html