 Trains / 9427
Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 19:44:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Doug Pegram writes:
In the US they only need headlights
Josh

On freight trains in the US(specifically the FEC RR and probably others)
they use an "End of Train" device that appears to onlookers as a small box
with a slow flashing strobe light, although how you would configure the
flash is beyond me.
Doug

Well, you could use roof lights from a 'Light & Sound' set, with the
appropriate coloured cap on.  Build it half in and half out of your rear
wagon.  It may flash a bit fast, and I'm not sure how it would work with
track power so it may be best to use a separate battery box.

Does the train power use a variable voltage or is it pulsed?  And if it's
not pulsed, what on earth is inside that control box?

Jason.